IGNORED

i'm leaving WATMM

kokoon

i tried to find the terminal but couldn't figure out how. i clicked all the shit in that house but none of it worked. i'm guessing its some puzzle to do with the notes they play when you click em?

yeah.

ask the old black lady, i think she gives you hints.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oxynucid
i tried to find the terminal but couldn't figure out how. i clicked all the shit in that house but none of it worked. i'm guessing its some puzzle to do with the notes they play when you click em?

yeah.

the notes are part of a scale

listen to the music that loops in the background and recreate it with the items ;)

yeah.

the notes are part of a scale

listen to the music that loops in the background and recreate it with the items ;)

oh lol i figured it out by randomly clicking them, that would've helped

I'm with the believers. Fallout was one of those formative games in my childhood, the ones that go on to inform your tastes for the rest of your life; and it turned me into a lifelong fan of RPGs. I'm almost as hardcore as fallout fans get, probably, and I feel justice has been done. Best game they could have made. It's not perfect, but people forget that the first two games were ridden with potentially game-crippling bugs as well. Hats off to Bethesda.

Of course, I never played Oblivion, so a lot of the comparisons are lost on me.

I'm with the believers. Fallout was one of those formative games in my childhood, the ones that go on to inform your tastes for the rest of your life; and it turned me into a lifelong fan of RPGs. I'm almost as hardcore as fallout fans get, probably, and I feel justice has been done. Best game they could have made. It's not perfect, but people forget that the first two games were ridden with potentially game-crippling bugs as well. Hats off to Bethesda.

Of course, I never played Oblivion, so a lot of the comparisons are lost on me.

I'm in complete agreement with the attention whoring cross dressing penis poster.

Speaking of which, do you play a male or female character? I always play female for some reason. My current one is named "Vaginal Discharge." The scourge of the wastes...

I'm playing male at the moment, a largely good character, with my old Fallout stalwart skills of Small Guns and Speech. Sort of a silver-tongued lawbringer type. If I'm playing evil I generally go with female characters for some reason, probably because all women are evil.

Bloody mess is fun for the peurile part of me, and ladykiller is a nice new addition because I like killing women. I have a chinese officer's sword hotkey'd to the d-pad just for the triumphant post-battle dismemberment of corpses.

I found the violence in this game way too gratuitous and has really turned me off getting it - I don't mind a bit of blood here and there, but this goes way overboard, almost toppling Soldier of Fortune as the most gratuitously violent game ever.

I found the violence in this game way too gratuitous and has really turned me off getting it - I don't mind a bit of blood here and there, but this goes way overboard, almost toppling Soldier of Fortune as the most gratuitously violent game ever.

To Bethesda's credit, loads of bloody violence was definitely a big feature of Fallout 1+2 and this game would have felt wrong without the ridiculously over the top death animations.

I blew up megaton before doing any of the quests associated, did i miss much?

Oh yeah, there's a load of interesting quests and characters in Megaton, but never mind, do 'em on your next play-through.

To Bethesda's credit, loads of bloody violence was definitely a big feature of Fallout 1+2 and this game would have felt wrong without the ridiculously over the top death animations.

Oh yeah, there's a load of interesting quests and characters in Megaton, but never mind, do 'em on your next play-through.

Oh, I'm not faulting the franchise for keeping things consistent - I just think with today's more detailed graphics, the visuals are much more visceral:

Fallout 1:

fallout1.gif

Fallout 2:

fatasscar.gif

Fallout 3:

fallout-3-4.jpg

Big difference from a small pixel sprite blowing up in a shower of blood to selective dismemberment.

Finished the game but I missed so much it's ridiculous. My afroamerican wasteland pirate was a mean son of a bitch who turned into a cannibal at the end.

The game is more like a fallout spinoff than a sequel, but it's the fucking greatest shit ive played in a long while.

I'm playing male at the moment, a largely good character, with my old Fallout stalwart skills of Small Guns and Speech. Sort of a silver-tongued lawbringer type. If I'm playing evil I generally go with female characters for some reason, probably because all women are evil.

This is freaky. I've also specialized in small guns and speech. I'd ask what perks you go for but that would just be getting too personal...

the classic diplosniper

Some stuff but you're gonna have a lot of fun doing bad stuff. I ended up with the title "Capital Crimelord", for which I had to kill a lot of traders, slaves, steal everything i see, generally a lot of dark options. Wiped out the ghouls. Galaxy Radio warned about my plunderin' ways, and people generally kept interaction at a minimum. Couldn't make any friends.

This is a really good game! I've put 30 hours into it so far and I think I've done most of the quests. I'm playing as a really nice woman :)

This is a really good game! I've put 30 hours into it so far and I think I've done most of the quests. I'm playing as a really nice woman :)

tits or gtfo

I just picked up a copy. I've got to make sure to clean the house, eat and shower before I get going though because I anticipate that I won't do these things ever again.

Archived