Dont even waste my time with that shit

Edited by Mr Salads

Guest 277: 930-933
strawberries and cheese?

is the cheese mascarpone?

is there lettuce? :S

no brie :ok:

yep and also with some cold pasta :stuart:

You're having the AH aardbeien en brie maaltijdsalade, aren't you?

I quite fancy the blauwe kaas en peer one but my local AH doesn't seem to carry it anymore though.

The cold pasta in those salads is absolutely disgusting though, I always toss it out, there used to be one with tabouleh and lamb which was nice but it got discontinued.

Tauboo, what's a cabbage roll?

strawberries and cheese?

is the cheese mascarpone?

is there lettuce? :S

no brie :ok:

yep and also with some cold pasta :stuart:

You're having the AH aardbeien en brie maaltijdsalade, aren't you?

I quite fancy the blauwe kaas en peer one but my local AH doesn't seem to carry it anymore though.

The cold pasta in those salads is absolutely disgusting though, I always toss it out, there used to be one with tabouleh and lamb which was nice but it got discontinued.

Tauboo, what's a cabbage roll?

i dunno about strawberry with brie, but pear with stilton or gorgonzola is aight

In Croatia, cabbage rolls are a staple diet of the population. In a recent survey 97% of women over 25 regularly eat stuffed cabbage. The popularity of the dish has only recently been surpassed by a love for a hearty bean soup. Stuffed Cabbage with ground smoked pork is a firm Croatian favourite at Christmas.

A cabbage roll (also stuffed cabbage) is a dish consisting of cooked cabbage leaves wrapped around a variety of fillings. It is common to the peasant cuisines of Europe and Western Asia, and has also found popularity in areas of North America settled by Eastern Europeans.

The filling is traditionally based around meat, often beef, lamb or pork and is seasoned with garlic, onion and spices. Grains such as rice and barley, eggs, mushrooms and vegetables are often included in the filling as well. Pickled cabbage leaves are often used for wrapping, particularly in Southeastern Europe. As only the largest leaves can be used, small pieces of cabbages are often mixed into the stuffing and sauce. As the dish originated as a way to use leftover food, other ingredients may also be used in the stuffing.

Cabbage leaves are stuffed with the filling which are then baked, simmered or steamed in a covered pot and generally eaten warm, often accompanied with a sauce. The sauce varies widely by cuisine. In Finland and Sweden, stuffed cabbage is often served with bittersweet lingonberry jam. In Eastern Europe, tomato-based sauces or plain sour cream are typical. In Lebanon it is a popular plate, where the cabbage is stuffed with rice and minced meat and only rolled to the size of cigar. It is usually served with a side of yogurt and a type of lemon and olive oil vinaigrette seasoned with garlic and dried mint.

i made something like this:http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/02/alexs-moms-stuffed-cabbage/

they're like big dolmas

Guest Iain C

I love pomegranate juice, it's my fruit juice of choice these days. I've not had it with white grape, but pomegranate and blueberry is definitely recommended. Great with vodka as well.