IGNORED

Cipater Haters

Guest hahathhat

Guest Enter a new display name

I have never figured how Cipater becomes totally different in the second part of the track. Is this the same time signature and tempo? I am so confused...

What? The second half is amazing! :) I love that strange shift; it's not only surprising, but it sounds like it makes musical sense, unlike some of their recent morphs (i.e Surripere in Draft) which sound a bit forced.... it sends goosebumps down my spine, that track (and the whole album). I was just listening to it the other day after pissing through Quaristice on and off for a few days, and I was like, 'Now this is why I thought Ae were gods...'

yeah, the sixteenth notes in the first half of the song become triplets in the second half. it's a great trick that i use a lot when drumming, really throws people off if they're trying to play along, hahah!

• 1 month later...

Fantastic song, The first half of the song is amazing, especially as an opener to the biggest change they ever make style-wise. The second half is an unexpected epic something(couldnt think of a word) The synth in this part is fantastic, I dont know all the technical stuff about theory, but I love how the melody has pairs of notes close together, and the first one which actually lies on the 1/4 step is low and supressed. I love when AE makes a sick melody, and then to make it even sicker they make it pop by having the dominant note happen 1/8-1/16 after the actual 1/4.

if that made any sense...

this was my favorite ae track at the time i got into them... still a favorite. got some heads nodding when i dropped it in an art gallery back in the day!

I dont know all the technical stuff about theory, but I love how the melody has pairs of notes close together, and the first one which actually lies on the 1/4 step is low and supressed. I love when AE makes a sick melody, and then to make it even sicker they make it pop by having the dominant note happen 1/8-1/16 after the actual 1/4.

if that made any sense...

It didn't. You should have stopped at the first line.

Guest hahathhat
I was about to rage at the thread title until I realised that the topic of the thread is more about praising this track. The way it changes into the second half is seamless, it just slips into it.

a snowglobe with a snowglobe inside

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rogueofmv
I'm not crazy about the second part of it. Eb minor pentatonic just sounds like little kid crap to my ears.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE.

Great track, can't listen too often though.

I prefer Recury, to be honest.

i just fucking love the VERY subtle harmonies Recury creates, amid the huge scraping and carry-on that keeps increasing throughout the track. The use of repetition to create a build and point out the nuanced differences is just amazing.

Guest jubes

if you actually made a guitar cover of that song it would be mediocre but the second part melody acts perfectly as the anti thesis of the dissonant sounds its that simple

Archived