IGNORED

Resident Evil 5 Demo - Monday January 26

Squee

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

I must have spent over 7 hours on Resident Evil 5 with a friend tonight. The story is awful and all this action packed together does not make much sense... There is something missing from RE4 that made this game so special, I don't know what... Anyway the developers wasted their time adapting a few elements from RE4 into RE5, but in an awful way (like the El Gigante, who is back with a beard, but this boss battle is boring).

Guest Ultravisitor

i'm only on chapter 1-3/4 but i'm really enjoying it.

theres already been a few "what the fuck is that?" moments.

i've got the whoooooole day off, but i'm not gonna play it. the plumbers are back making lots of noise and i don't feel like ruining re5's atmosphere.

i dont know about this, i just played the demo and i felt the game was, i dunno how to explain, i felt like my field of view was really constricted, and the game just felt too busy for RE. i'm willing to bet gameplay is improved quite a bit with surround sound, but of course i dont have this.

i'll give the demo another spin tomorrow.

Guest Ultravisitor
i dont know about this, i just played the demo and i felt the game was, i dunno how to explain, i felt like my field of view was really constricted, and the game just felt too busy for RE. i'm willing to bet gameplay is improved quite a bit with surround sound, but of course i dont have this.

i'll give the demo another spin tomorrow.

after playing the full game for several hours, i can safely say, this is, out of the series, the "arcade" resident evil.

its good in its own right, and if i want a scare, i can play on one of the older ones.

plenty of bosses

i was so looking forward to this game, but the demo and the harsh reviews left me cold. i agree the controls are wanky, you can't see wtf is going on around you and getting savaged from behind is a bitch. after playing RE4 with the wiimote, i really can't see myself going back to playing with the standard RE controls, much less twin joysticks. i'm hoping the remakes for Wii will take us back to the dark atmosphere that made the series so great in the first place.

Guest Enter a new display name

Alrighty, WATTUM, I beat Resident Evil 5 yesterday night (played the second half of the game on Veteran). The last boss is such a disappointment...

*spoilers*

You fight Wesker on a volcano, WTF.

By the way why is the rocket launcher so affordable in this game? I could easily purchase one for each boss and kill them within one shot.

Resident Evil == in need of serious series reboot.

They've mentioned that RE6 will be the big reboot of the franchise.

In what is destined to be the first genuinely epic game of 2009, Resident Evil 5 is practically guaranteed to be the last of its kind, with the game's producer, Jun Takeuchi, assuring us that a reboot is in order for the inevitable Resident Evil 6. That's not to suggest that there's anything wrong with the evil at hand. Quite the opposite; it's awesome fun, and we've beaten the game from beginning to end, and have a week's worth of detailed, insider info for you to enjoy.

Would be nice if they ported RE2 to the XBLA/PSN.

Is it actually possible though?

Sure, it was a PS1 game. Until Sony gets their thumb out and offer software emulation for PS2 games, RE:CV and RE3 will have to wait though.

In fact, they've already ported it on the Japanese PSN Store, back in December 2007!

Guest assegai

Yeah I already rock REZ on xbox360, which was a ps2 game (& Dreamcast).

I'll rent this out of love for the old games to "wrap up the story", certainly not drop 60$ on job well done.

Archived