IGNORED

Resident Evil 5 Demo - Monday January 26

Squee

I cant understand what kind of a horrible moron would take away the 'corner of the corridor' camera system and make it a 3rd person fps game. its just fucking disgusting. the original games were some of my favourites ever.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dunno....i guess ill see tonight when i play the demo.

b tw, i heard good things about the silent hill that came out......anyone play this? whats the verdict?

Yeah, the reviews were surprisingly good, but I don't like the change of looks they gave the game. They Hollywood-ised it and made it look like something from that dreadful Silent Hill movie from 2006...

yeah..thats why im worried about buying it...christ i have such a long queue:

MGS4

Fallout 3

Silent Hill

RE5

Dynasty Warriors

Armored Core

and so on and so on...

Erm, unless you're a big fan of the franchise, I'd stay far away from Dynasty Warriors and Armored Core... Both are kinda shit and very, very repetitive.

I'm waiting for the Silent Hill game for PS3 to hit 20 bucks, then get it. Blood Siren on PSN is/seems much better. Try the demo if it's still available.

I cant understand what kind of a horrible moron would take away the 'corner of the corridor' camera system and make it a 3rd person fps game. its just fucking disgusting. the original games were some of my favourites ever.

I think the camera system in RE 1-3 was due to the technical limitations at the time - having pre-rendered backgrounds instead of actual 3d geometry was just what they could accomplish at the time, but it worked quite well.

I wouldn't say RE5 is trying to be a FPS, but it has added new elements to the series. I just don't think it's that scary anymore (based on the demo) - it almost seemed like they were trying to meld Blood Diamond and 28 Days Later with the African village scenario.

Guest assegai
I wouldn't say RE5 is trying to be a FPS, but it has added new elements to the series. I just don't think it's that scary anymore (based on the demo) - it almost seemed like they were trying to meld Blood Diamond and 28 Days Later with the African village scenario.

That's a pretty good description, altho in 28 days later they actually ran the fuck after you and didn't stop until your spleen was in their mouth. These "zombies" run half-way, stop, and tip-toe "at" you until you get a nice clean shot between their eyes.

That's a pretty good description, altho in 28 days later they actually ran the fuck after you and didn't stop until your spleen was in their mouth. These "zombies" run half-way, stop, and tip-toe "at" you until you get a nice clean shot between their eyes.

A 28 Days Later game would result in me getting a massive zombie-assgasm and a piss boner. But then I would get my head back on track and remember that every single movie-to-game game have been horrible failures.

Joyrex: When I first saw a glimpse of Siren: Blood Curse I got excited. It looked like someone had finally grasped the idea of a survival horror because back then I didn't have much faith in Silent Hill 5. But what turned me off was the sound effects. First of all, and I know I'm extremely picky, the game developers should know better than to give a game's antagonists ridiculous pitched voices. Major turn off.

I know! Fucking pissed me off, plus it took them ages to get over to me and the lady - I coulda shagged her over the hood of one of those wrecked cars in the time it took their decaying asses to shamble over to me... and what's with the guy with the bullhorn hanging around with the axe murder guy? They just STAND there!

A 28 Days Later game would result in me getting a massive zombie-assgasm and a piss boner. But then I would get my head back on track and remember that every single movie-to-game game have been horrible failures.

Joyrex: When I first saw a glimpse of Siren: Blood Curse I got excited. It looked like someone had finally grasped the idea of a survival horror because back then I didn't have much faith in Silent Hill 5. But what turned me off was the sound effects. First of all, and I know I'm extremely picky, the game developers should know better than to give a game's antagonists ridiculous pitched voices. Major turn off.

I don't recall from the demo, but I think you can play it with Japanese voice and English subtitles. Probably better that way since it's Japanese Survival Horror, not American-style. Agreed on the voices though. I try to overlook stuff like that if at all possible.

The chainsaw guy hasn't managed to decapitate me yet. As soon as he gets up close to me I just run off, do a 180 turn, shoot him 3 times in the head, and then punch him in his face, flex my great big American muscles before shooting him again.

USA USA USA USA!

The chainsaw guy hasn't managed to decapitate me yet. As soon as he gets up close to me I just run off, do a 180 turn, shoot him 3 times in the head, and then punch him in his face, flex my great big American muscles before shooting him again.

USA USA USA USA!

That's another gripe - you run out of bullets, and you can't melee attack - but, when you have bullets, you can sometimes melee attack - WTF - am I doing something wrong?

Guest assegai

USA USA USA USA!

The demo is censored anyway so if he cuts you with the chainsaw it's just some awkward animation. The FAIL writes it's self with this game.

USA USA USA USA!

That's another gripe - you run out of bullets, and you can't melee attack - but, when you have bullets, you can sometimes melee attack - WTF - am I doing something wrong?

You have to press O X O Square Triangle X X X X O and then Chris does this Dragonball scream and knocks over all the zombies. That's just how masculine he is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest assegai

LOL! Worst AI ever

Holy shit...

1) Enemys move at a snails pace

2) She couldn't shine the light for shit

3) He shot him in the arm/chest and the enemy's head explodes?

4) enemy stands there waiting for you to kill him

5) she ran in circles instead of helping

Ateast 5 Fail in 2 minutes.

DO NOT WANT

1) Enemys move at a snails pace

2) She couldn't shine the light for shit

3) He shot him in the arm/chest and the enemy's head explodes?

4) enemy stands there waiting for you to kill him

5) she ran in circles instead of helping

I didn't get why he says co-op mode, doesn't that usually mean two players, not one player and one scripted assistant? If the second one is the case here, yeah the AI looks annoying... but the head-explode thing - that happened in RE4 too, I think it's meant to be the plaga (or whatever they're called now) forcing its way out of the host body rather than the result of a headshot... or it was just the only option they had for showing the plagas, otherwise the player would just learn to avoid headshots. It's not a problem of the hit-area though, I'm sure.

And the speed of the enemies... if they were moving fast all the time it would become too hard I guess... especially I thought it was a good compromise in RE4 that they'd sometimes run towards you but still leave you some time to aim, thought it was kind of creepy too. I guess with the new live-inventory it's gonna be panicky enough. And I bet there's gonna be faster moving stuff later on.

Yeah the gameplay isn't perfect, and I sure hope they fix the annoying way the enemies in RE4 had of not taking damage while being in their getting-up-animation... :rolleyes: but I still like the game for the nice ideas and creature design and so on... RE5 doesn't look like a revolution but I'd still enjoy it I think. But I can't play it anyways cause I have no money. :sleep:

word. but luckily, Boyle wouldn't allow a game being made, I think.

I quickly lost interest in this game once I played the demo... it's just poor.

Yep me too, and I really liked the look of it too and was prepared to give it a real good chance. But nope, it were poop.

What I'd like is some sort of Silent Hill / GTA hybrid where you had the whole scope of the city to play around in but with constant fear of having your face being ripped off.

I quickly lost interest in this game once I played the demo... it's just poor.

Yep me too, and I really liked the look of it too and was prepared to give it a real good chance. But nope, it were poop.

What I'd like is some sort of Silent Hill / GTA hybrid where you had the whole scope of the city to play around in but with constant fear of having your face being ripped off.

Basically you're describing a game version of 28 Days Later

joyrex, did you say the playable demo is available on the japanese PS3 servers? i dl'ed the 5 min video the other week, somehow seemed to miss the playable demo though.

Yeah, that's where I got it first - then when I switched from my Japanese PSN account to my US one, they had posted the US demo, lol

joyrex, did you say the playable demo is available on the japanese PS3 servers? i dl'ed the 5 min video the other week, somehow seemed to miss the playable demo though.

Yeah, that's where I got it first - then when I switched from my Japanese PSN account to my US one, they had posted the US demo, lol

hey, is it possible to switch the account on a japanese PS3 to an american one? i'd like to what some of the downloadable content is like on US/NTSC. i'd like to not spend most of my day trying to read japanese in all my games.

hey, is it possible to switch the account on a japanese PS3 to an american one? i'd like to what some of the downloadable content is like on US/NTSC. i'd like to not spend most of my day trying to read japanese in all my games.

No, but you can set up an American account and use that...

is this easy to do? i mean, i changed the language settings on my ps3 to english, but, i couldnt figure out where this is done. i'm pretty sure my ps3 went straight to the japanese server when i first went online.

sorry for being such a noob. :embrassed:

Guest Ultravisitor

got it!

gonna give it a good rinse this evening when the plumbers get out of my room.

it good reviews. mostly 9/10 all round.

is this easy to do? i mean, i changed the language settings on my ps3 to english, but, i couldnt figure out where this is done. i'm pretty sure my ps3 went straight to the japanese server when i first went online.

sorry for being such a noob. :embrassed:

Here, let me Google that for you...

Seriously though, create a sub-account, choose the region (USA), and then put in a US address. In order to buy things off the US store, you'll need either US PSN cards, or a US-issued credit card. In my experience, you should only buy US DLC if you have a US game, and any Japanese DLC will only work the Japanese version of the game.

got it!

gonna give it a good rinse this evening when the plumbers get out of my room.

it good reviews. mostly 9/10 all round.

I dunno, the scores on Metacritic vary widely... but, as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters!

Archived