IGNORED

chess, anyone?

Guest my usernames always really suck

actually, that move was a bit risky on my part

edit: the queen d1 to h5 was risky, not h4 to g6

right, after ... g6 (this means black pawn to g6 if you don't know algebraic system), black would have had the upper hand, but its not completely losing for you.

The suspense is killing me.

not killing you enough

right, after ... g6 (this means black pawn to g6 if you don't know algebraic system), black would have had the upper hand, but its not completely losing for you.

yes, at most i would have had to back track a bit and lose a pawn

and i think i just stepped into a big pile of dog doo. i need to pay more attention

I'll have to resign, congratulations bro

two paths I could take: bishop blocking your queen, but queen would take my bishop = checkmate

second path would be king moving downward... completely foiling my strategy where castling queenside was crucial. and then it would turn into a cat-and-mouse game of sweeping my defenses until you get me into a perpetual check

and knowing me there's going to be a third awesome unseen one I'm not going to consciously notice until three hours after tomorrow morning when I'm brushing my teeth or something.

congratulations :3

I'll have to resign, congratulations bro

two paths I could take: bishop blocking your queen, but queen would take my bishop = checkmate

second path would be king moving downward... completely foiling my strategy where castling queenside was crucial. and then it would turn into a cat-and-mouse game of sweeping my defenses until you get me into a perpetual check

and knowing me there's going to be a third awesome unseen one I'm not going to consciously notice until three hours after tomorrow morning when I'm brushing my teeth or something.

congratulations :3

word. you weren't completely out of options though. you have your choice of rooks. and i can't put you in check much after e7 or d6. but, it's just as well as i have to work early tomorrow.

have you played on gameknot yet? ( http://www.gameknot.com ) it's a most excellent and very classy turn based chess site.

gameknot's concept looks enticing, but the PS3's browser isn't rendering the boards right (I see about ten pages of rows of chess piece art that I presume are supposed to be Java/JavaScript/Flash based chess games). Maybe the Wii browser will do it properly

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

There is the World Championship Match under way in NYC, and the challeger Sergei Kariakin (RUS) just took a lead winning Magnus Carlsen (NOR) in  game 8, after 7 draws ---

the official FIDE stream is not free like it was two years ago, but there are other options, I've been following the LIve netcast at Chess24,com with great commentary by Super GM Peter Svidler et al

Archived