IGNORED

mpc or electribe?

pylonbitch

totally different machines. yes you can make similar sounds on them but that does not put them in the same class.

mpcs are mostly designed for beats. electribes are grooveboxes designed with techno and maybe hiphop in mind.

I have an es-1, and an es-x, the esx is nice when you get rid of the shit samples and overwrite the bad patterns. I used to have an er-1 which is a wicked drum machine but no sampling. They are quite easy to get your head around, never tried an mpc but they seem pretty wicked albeit more expensive than the electribe line.

MPC = awesome filter action and sample messing. takes time to get to know it, but the results are good and retain quality.

Electribe = quick results for complex over-fx'd sounds, but gets boring quick, not so good if you are looking for originality.

Savage.

Haven't played with an MPC that much, but I adore my Korg ESX. Great for sampling, writing patterns, and using as a live instrument.

not for me... for a drummer mate who wants to get into a bit of production... nothing major.

Electribe, for half the price of a starter MPC and a imo a lot more simplistic. but this is why the mpc is so nice is because if you want to you can get 'deep' with it BRA!!!!!!!!

get an electribe if you want synths and whatnot

only if you have the blue one, the red one has a terribly limited synth engine and is mostly focused on sampling

Guest spraaaa

I have an electribe es-x and mpc1000. electribe is way more fun to start from scratch because you don't have to load anything and the controls are really simple. but it's 32000 hz sample rate (maybe this has changed?) so it doesn't sound as good as an mpc. it's really fun to record automation on the electribe and then sequence more automation for it on the mpc, so you can do stuff that's fixed to the measure and stuff that's like lfos at the same time (could do this with a computer too if ur software can record midi nrpns).

no idea which one I would recommend though, always used them at the same time as something else

this is rather peculiar trolling

*fidgets*

not at all. i gave the boy my advice, and thought i'd supplement it with the general opinions of the wattum massive.

you can stop fidgeting now.

Guest Halfmanhalfrobot

get a monomachine and a machinedrum. then sell both your kidneys.

seriously go for the electribe to start off with. mpc's are great for beats and controling midi devices... not much else.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i just picked up an electribe sx-1 and so far its pretty intuitive. i used to own the drum machine electribe (forget the letter) so i guess that helped. one thing i'm a little disappointed with is the effects. none of them are particularly interesting. the finger arp is fun but i need to work out how to assign notes to really get use out of this machine. the valves appear to be for show.

got to buy some smartmedia and a reader now

whats a good price for a used electribe sx-1?

Archived