IGNORED

Walkers Crisps new flavours

BCM

the lays/smiths/walkers flavours in Holland are boring. Paprika (which is pretty much Sensations Sweet Thai Chili - for some reason they decided to actually sell that flavour here, after it being around for years as Paprika), Bolognese (similar to paprika), Cheese & Onion and Salt - that's it. They sell multi-packs without Cheese & Onion... I'm pretty sure unsalted crisps would be successful here.

it's the same crappy choice across most of europe, noone has a choice like the uk.

yep. i have no desire to eat crisps here. whereas in the uk it becomes a daily thing. uk corn-based snacks are amazing.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the lays/smiths/walkers flavours in Holland are boring. Paprika (which is pretty much Sensations Sweet Thai Chili - for some reason they decided to actually sell that flavour here, after it being around for years as Paprika), Bolognese (similar to paprika), Cheese & Onion and Salt - that's it. They sell multi-packs without Cheese & Onion... I'm pretty sure unsalted crisps would be successful here.

Paprika's pretty good though, don't you think (the blue ones)? I also quite like the Doritos in those black and white packs.

I love the salt & vinegar flavour from Walkers, we don't have this in Holland which is stupid.

Builder's Breakfast sounds really nasty. Agree with pigster, what's the point of making crisps that taste like horrible versions of other food, like Barbeque Ham. We've got too many of those bullshit flavours in the Netherlands.

do you know what fish and chips is?

I live forty-five minutes from the Pacific ocean, and I have a wife dedicated to seafood.  Yes, I know what fish and chips is.  

Usually one or two pieces of deep-fried breaded fish, and a side of deep-fried potato pieces (usually larger than french fries, but more square than steak fries), lemon and tartar sauce.

I usually eat the chips with ketchup.

I live forty-five minutes from the Pacific ocean, and I have a wife dedicated to seafood.  Yes, I know what fish and chips is.  

Usually one or two pieces of deep-fried breaded fish, and a side of deep-fried potato pieces (usually larger than french fries, but more square than steak fries), lemon and tartar sauce.

my point being that he was saying we typically refer to those as fries, and he is not wrong

OneToThirtySix: No, in the UK fish & chips is battered (not breaded) cod, and chips (aka fries, maybe bigger but long, not square - edit: i googled 'steak fries', that is chips), eaten with salt and vinegar. not tartar sauce or lemon.

we as in americans, those near the west coast obviously dont count

I've always been confused about my nationality.

i think living on the west coast either makes you mexican or japanese

Guest esquimaw

I think you'll find that's battered, not breaded.

You seem to have grasped the basic concept, yet I'll wager you've never had actual fish and chips from a proper chippie.

Yanks.

OneToThirtySix: No, in the UK fish & chips is battered (not breaded) cod, and chips (aka fries, maybe bigger but long, not square), eaten with salt and vinegar. not tartar sauce or lemon.

Well, the US version is a little retarded, I've seen both battered and breaded fish, regular shoestrings, steak fries and all sorts of substitutions made for various parts of what different restaurants call "fish & chips."  Whereas I'm sure I would get exactly the same thing every place I order fish & chips in the UK, the US is a bit larger, making more room for uneducated fuck-ups to do their thing.

I don't tan well, and I have body hair.  I don't think those are right.

id rather have a burger and fries

I don't tan well, and I have body hair.  I don't think those are right.

racist

in scotland it's generally haddock rather than cod.

i've noticed they seem to be phasing the haddock out for whiting in my local.

for breaded fish you ask for special fish.

there is also a scottish east/west divide when it comes to condiments... salt and vinegar in the west, salt and sauce (a mixture of vinegar and brown sauce) in the east... got to have chippy sauce in the east.

Guest esquimaw
there is also a scottish east/west divide when it comes to condiments... salt and vinegar in the west, salt and sauce (a mixture of vinegar and brown sauce) in the east... got to have chippy sauce in the east.

Wow, didn't know that. Is it literally just mixture, that I could make myself out of brown sauce and vinegar? Or is there more to it than than?

Also, mushy peas if you're south east england. Gravy up north. Savages.

I've heard that peas and vinegar are the thing in scotland. I couldn't agree more.

Guest David R James

Im quite up for trying Onion Bhaji and Crispy Duck & Hoisin Sauce, i guess the Onion bhaji probably is just onion flavour with alittle bit of curry chucked in right?

Wow, didn't know that. Is it literally just mixture, that I could make myself out of brown sauce and vinegar? Or is there more to it than than?

Also, mushy peas if you're south east england. Gravy up north. Savages.

I've heard that peas and vinegar are the thing in scotland. I couldn't agree more.

disgusting

what is brown sauce

Archived