IGNORED

Prefuse 73 - Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian

Guest No Pomo

Guest Joebot Kill

I just read this whole thread...kind of funny to see people's opinions change so much from beginning to end, haha.

Anyway I've liked each of P73's releases, some more than others of course, but I've never understood the hate. So the guy made some really awesome albums, and then some more mellow stuff, and everyone has to dog him because it's not as creative and fresh as the others? Come on. I'm not talking about people here, just in general across the web. But I'm glad to see people are liking this album. Personally, I was initially put off by the high number of short tracks, and felt that too many ideas were undeveloped. Songs I liked didn't last long enough, and ones that were just decent were the longest. But the last time I played it I realized it works a whole lot better if you just don't pay attention to the track #s and times. Just let it roll...and it's pretty good stuff. Now I'm not sure I'd say it's his best ever or best since One Word Extinguisher...but it's good. I also enjoyed the 3 in the middle though.

these are my thoughts exactly!

i just picked up the 2xlp at record store day. on the turntable, with a bowl packed, it's so nice! i was not into the shorter tracks either, when i was listening to it on my ipod, back when it came out. but on vinyl, divided up into four pieces, it has a nice pacing to it. and it really does if you stop paying attention to the tracklisting and just roll with it. i'm actually really surprised by how nicely the whole thing flows! i honestly didn't think i would like it that much, but it really is awesome! i've been playing it constantly the past few days, and with all these tracks, its really hard to get sick of! i'm finding new things every time!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic album! I am one of the rare people that actually dug Preparations quite a bit, I still play that pretty often. The only P73 albums I couldn't get my head around were Security Screenings and Surrounded by Silence (although both have killer tracks on there), they're just not on par with his finest.

1st - One Word Extinguisher

2nd - Vocal Studies

3rd - Extinguished: Outtakes

4th (tied) - Ampexian / Meditations

5th - Preparations

6th - Reads the Books

7th (tied) - 92 vs. 02 / Forest of Oversensitivity

8th - Surrrounded by Silence

9th - Security Screenings

Guest Greg Reason

Prefuse is good and all but Savath & Savalas is far better. Everything he's done with that band is fuckin wicked, epecially Golden Pollen. That shit was like the ultimate bliss-out dream experience in audio.

• 2 years later...

Archived