IGNORED

Prefuse 73 - Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian

Guest No Pomo

Guest Enter a new display name
I don't understand the hate toward Prefuse so I'll be checking this out. I've liked almost everything he's done.

Reading such a positive statement from you is weird, considering that most of your posts are complaints.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol @ vocal sample that goes something like "i was always smart until one day when i learnt i was dumb"

that makes me chuckle every time i hear it

awesome album

Guest AOOproductions

This is really discouraging, he just keeps fuckin up! he should really just go baccccck to the deeep grimey underground, and do hip hop again. This album is embarrasing. Al the album is is 29 tracks with just a semi creative loop that goes nowwhere, and just some uninspired sound effects underneath. There are tracks shorter than 10 seconds! WTF is his problem.

This is really discouraging, he just keeps fuckin up! he should really just go baccccck to the deeep grimey underground, and do hip hop again. This album is embarrasing. Al the album is is 29 tracks with just a semi creative loop that goes nowwhere, and just some uninspired sound effects underneath. There are tracks shorter than 10 seconds! WTF is his problem.

You clearly haven't given this album a proper listen if you think its just 29 tracks with semi creative loops.

This is one of his best albums, maybe even his best. Like everyone else here has said, try to listen to it a couple of more times. I thought it was really good my 1st listen, now I think it's incredible. Definitely better than Preparations, which was good in its own right. And a little tip: there are no tracks shorter than 10 seconds here.

Favorite tracks:

NoNo

Digan Lo

Regato

Formal Dedications

Rubber Stems

Violent Bathroom Exchange

Wasn't too keen on it at first, but it's getting better with multiple listens, really like no lights still rock & formal dedications

I've had Formal Dedications on repeat for the past few days, the mellowness of it is perfect. Great outro.

Guest AOOproductions

baaah humbug! maybe all of you could be right... But I doubt it. And BTW I made SAW beneboi.

• 1 month later...
For Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian, Herren rejected the idea of straight digital recording and instead went the much more intensive route of recording to analog Ampex tape, giving the album the sound of a lost tape of exploratory studio musicians from the not-too-distant past. In addition to the recording process, Ampexian also differs in its composition, existing as a tapestry of tracks of varying lengths and moods, albeit with a remarkable linear flow and, of course, unmatched rhythmic bump.

O RLY

Guest AOOproductions
Ampexian, Herren rejected the idea of straight digital recording and instead went the much more intensive route of recording to analog Ampex tape

...Interesting fact

In addition to the recording process, Ampexian also differs in its composition, existing as a tapestry of tracks of varying lengths and moods, albeit with a remarkable linear flow and, of course, unmatched rhythmic bump.

...Not so interesting opinion

Holy fucking shit. People thought Prefuse 73 was washed up but he just dropped his best album yet! This is fucking fantastic. This album is rocking my world up right now. And jesus christ that cover is so awesome. I would love a poster of that cover. Best of 2009 so far.

• 2 weeks later...

where is the special edition with extra beats cd ????

... I wash sure it would come out... Maybe he's gonna drop another one in a couple of months, he used us to that kind of things...

where is the special edition with extra beats cd ????

... I wash sure it would come out... Maybe he's gonna drop another one in a couple of months, he used us to that kind of things...

Yeah that'd be cool, the megachopped suite he gave away for free with the last album was great.

i spent a pretty penny on the vinyl for this and at first was pretty disappointed but after a few more listens it's actually pretty good... doesn't seem as focused as previous works though.

• 4 months later...
Guest Glass Plate

yeah I've really grown to like this release a lot. Probably better than One Word Extinguisher. (not going to jump to that just yet though)

I just read this whole thread...kind of funny to see people's opinions change so much from beginning to end, haha.

Anyway I've liked each of P73's releases, some more than others of course, but I've never understood the hate. So the guy made some really awesome albums, and then some more mellow stuff, and everyone has to dog him because it's not as creative and fresh as the others? Come on. I'm not talking about people here, just in general across the web. But I'm glad to see people are liking this album. Personally, I was initially put off by the high number of short tracks, and felt that too many ideas were undeveloped. Songs I liked didn't last long enough, and ones that were just decent were the longest. But the last time I played it I realized it works a whole lot better if you just don't pay attention to the track #s and times. Just let it roll...and it's pretty good stuff. Now I'm not sure I'd say it's his best ever or best since One Word Extinguisher...but it's good. I also enjoyed the 3 in the middle though.

Guest Glass Plate

I wouldn't say I hated a bunch of his albums because they weren't fresh. They simply didn't even carry the quality he was previous putting out. It dropped, drastically after One Word Extinguisher (for the most part IMO), and was just a total hack job most of the time after that. This album seems to be an attempt to actually do something interesting and with a little thought in it again. (unlike that project with zach hill, total garbage from what I heard!:P)

Yeah the Zach Hill project, Diamond Watch Wrists, is total garbage. The first of Herren's projects that I've ever called garbage. I can't believe I bought that CD new, what a snooze-fest. His vocals are monotonous and identical throughout the whole thing. He should stick with hacking up vocal samples.

Archived