IGNORED

Prefuse 73 - Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian

Guest No Pomo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he definitely announced some time ago, i think it was pre-Preparations, that he was done with the Prefuse 73 moniker.

i can't find a link to it now, but i distinctly remember it.

Guest AOOproductions

One word and Vocal Studies are 2 of my most favorite albums. But after that he def fell apart. I bought preparations thinking it was gonna harken back to that sound... but it was just more glitchy shit, no progression or anything. The thing that made those first 2 albums so good was he did sample and he had a very good ear for it. But he morphed them into his own thing, and 2nd, he had some turntablist vibes goin on underneath and his rap influence was apparent. He used the voices all cut up like some super sonic turntables. But now, he uses the glitched up vocals so unoriginally its sickening, and you can tell he makes all his beats from uninspired plugins and gay shit. I think he got all the rap out of his system with surrounded by silence... which wasn't very good. I guess he just wore his ideas out. Maybe this could be better?

most likely the same shit preparations was.

Guest Glass Plate

this isn't TOO TOO bad, not like his older stuff as much.

90% is like intermission music. (I feel like he's trying to be J dilla or something here)

Most of it samples lots of reggae and has lots of dub siren/delay type shit going on.

The rest of it is reverb/super soft/layed back guitar/synth/voclas with soft but poppy beats.

Pretty un-noticeable but at the same time it's not horrible, not that great either. (also not done listening to it)

ah,i saw the link at the bottom of the article, but for some reason i was thinking it was from that class of the 78 bells or whatever the fuck that other release was. i kind of like it, i guess. would listen again, maybe. lol.

LOL, faggot

A little over halfway through the album, I really enjoy it, a lot more than I enjoyed Preparations (which had some great songs on it, btw). The quickness of the songs moves it along I guess, there are a few tracks that I wish hung around for a bit longer, but whatever.

Overall, very nice album, pretty good return to form. We'll see what happens after this.

What I was trying to say is that I do not like this album as much as his other work...

It isn't a good as 'security screenings' which I like

the Harmonic 313 record is better....also on warp, hence the comparison....

This could be my favorite release by him. I am really digging this. The album feels very tight and focused, which I liked. The shorter track lengths was definitely the right move for him. In fact a lot of my favorite shit from his previous works were the shorter 30 second to minute tracks.

His sound is definitely more refined and although not as raw compared to his older shit, its fresh.

Good Job Prefuse! You did it!

i really like it. all very short tracks but how i feel it is that he is saying , look what i can do, i can still do it oldschool prefuse style... this whole album kinda makes up for preparations and makes me want to hear more stuff like this, which no doubt he will , after such a teaser of an album

ps. i should add , great production

I take back what I have said before, I listened to it again and I do actually like it...

I went to the Warp website and saw the cover, which I love so much that it made me decide to give it a second whirl....

I was wrong, it is one of his best records...

funny how some things strike me as shitty at first and then grow on me....

Archived