IGNORED

Recommend me a salad

Guest 277: 930-933

Post a salad you like.

I've been eating like a college student lately and I need to get some healthy food in my system to prepare for the weekend.

The Walkers new flavour thread made me feel like eating some fish and chips but a salad needs to be added for the extra nutritional value.

Plus I'm hungry for salad.

Let's have it!

No boring salad please.

i like a good chopped salad... get some fresh romaine lettuce and some good blue cheese and make a vinaigrette with the blue cheese (some red wine vinegar and some honey and olive oil) and chop up the lettuce and sprinkle some chopped bacon over it too

Going with Fred's first suggestion.

Using Roquefort so I can eat the creamy bits with bread and use the crumbly parts in the salad.

Will possibly add some more vegetables to the thing depending on what's on sale and seems good.

Guest abusivegeorge

Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, beetroot, cress and some mild vinegar and sprinkling of salt, peeper if you wish and your away, follow that up with a toffee hoops muller corner yoghurt and thats pretty fucking healthy.

i like a good chopped salad... get some fresh romaine lettuce and some good blue cheese and make a vinaigrette with the blue cheese (some red wine vinegar and some honey and olive oil) and chop up the lettuce and sprinkle some chopped bacon over it too

i'll do this except usually i'll have one of those ready mixed salads. nice blend of lettuce, carrots, purple cabbages, etc. chop in some veggies (whatever you have, really) and sometimes i'll toss a tin of tuna in instead of bacon. cheese is a must, as is a decent dressing. dressing just depends on what you like to taste. i'll often be happy with just some balsamic vinegar and sunflower oil. simple tends to win, as is with everything.

Guest abusivegeorge
i'll often be happy with just some balsamic vinegar and sunflower oil. simple tends to win, as is with everything.

WIN

The salad ended up like this:

Rocket (it was on sale)

Tomatoes

Red Onion

Baby Asparagus

2 strips of crispy bacon, crumbled

Some crumbled Roquefort

Generous amount of freshly crushed black pepper

Dressing:

Olive Oil

Red Wine Vinegar

Mustard

Honey

Dillweed

Salt

It's really good.

I skipped on the fish and chips and baked two lamb burger patties instead.

Rock on!

Romaine, spinach, field greens, red onion, diced tomato, green pepper, carrot, cucumber, raisins, pine nuts, feta, grilled or baked chicken. A nice vinigairette or ranch to go on it. Make some nice grilled garlic bread to go with it.

some arugula and fresh grated beets with dill, mint, lime juice and chopped mango - for the summer

I like chopped kale because it's hardy when raw. Sliced banana sometimes. Maybe some chard and alfalfa sprouts or harvested dandelion and rose moss. Spinach leaf and fresh lemon balm. My mother likes leaves from the angelica flower. Having edible blossoms in a salad is usually a plus.

i saw a recipe for a heirloom tomato salad awhile ago that looked exceptional

romaine lettuce, dolcelatte cheese, crispy bacon, apple, red pepper, toss in balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, add a little salt and pepper and finish with croutons

Archived