IGNORED

Isis - Wavering Radiant

essines

ok this is fucking incredible so far, my one complaint is, WHY AARON WHY THE AUTOTUNE WHYYYYYY.

edit: listening again i can't tell if it's autotune or just his voice being louder in the mix that makes him sound different, hmm.

but yes anyway this album really does it for me. epic as fuck.

i am absolutely dying to hear this but i am going to wait until may for the proper release. i am hoping the new mastodon that comes out on tuesday will carry me until may.

mastodon leaked too

call me an old man, but i still prefer going to the store the day of release and listening with the album art. they have always produced great art and music so im not going to cheapen it by listening to a crappy rip.

only 2 more days.

isis is much further away and i have very high hopes for the record

yeah it sounds kind of weird, but he always does. metal vocals in the first track, sounds promising. i think he needs to do less singing and stick to his scream, it's way cooler.

plus who the fuck wants to autotune a heavy metal scream.

god i hate autotune

yeah it sounds kind of weird, but he always does. metal vocals in the first track, sounds promising. i think he needs to do less singing and stick to his scream, it's way cooler.

plus who the fuck wants to autotune a heavy metal scream.

god i hate autotune

there's no way that aaron would use that. isnt that the shit kanye west uses? ha. f that. and f him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The mixing on this is really boring. For having such a great drummer and interesting arrangements, the drums have that over-done mainstream rock sound to them. Other than that, this is awesome, although I would rather listen to RED SEA over nearly all of ISIS's output.

The mixing on this is really boring. For having such a great drummer and interesting arrangements, the drums have that over-done mainstream rock sound to them. Other than that, this is awesome, although I would rather listen to RED SEA over nearly all of ISIS's output.

i find that i like the mixing on this album a lot more than everything else. i can hear what everyone is doing now instead of feeling like im being beaten over the head with a giant wall of monster riffage. not that there is anything wrong with that. isis are one of my fav bands and i really love everything they have done, im just really feeling this record a lot. nice step forward, imo

Guest Savage

Its great, but I still prefer earlier work such as Celetial and Oceanic. The auto tune things is a real turn off though!

• 4 years later...

Something about the production of this kind of turns me off a little. It's a very good album, but it sounds fairly clippy and over-compressed in a way that none of their other albums did.

Granted, I still prefer the huge sludginess of Oceanic over anything post. And I kind of wish Isis had expanded on the female vox of Oceanic rather than the Turner clean vox of Panopticon. His clean voice just doesn't do it for me.

My alternate reality Isis would be immense.

Still a great run for a band and no truly bad product in the discography.

• 2 years later...

yes, and definitely one of their most "epic" songs. as a closer and a capstone on the band's career, it sounds very fitting.

oh damn I need to listen to this again

I donated my isis t-shirt to an op shop the other day, it was too small, also I don't like the other more popular isis

Archived