IGNORED

ways to store/divide lsd

modey

so, i'm getting two drops of acid on the weekend, on a sugar cube, but i only want to have one this weekend - the guy who's getting it for me says that i can just put it in a water bottle, drink half, and keep the other half in the fridge or something.. but this doesn't seem like a good idea. or is it?

any suggestions on how to store it properly?

man im glad i never fucked with lsd...im sure i wouldhave taken way too much by accident.

im guessing you dont trust this person much?

maybe check erowid? they are pretty knowledgable.

hehe, exactly. my girlfriend just suggested that i put the sugar cube in a plastic film container, fill it with non-tap water, dissolve the sugar, drink half and then keep it in the fridge. could that work? i don't want to put it in a water bottle because we already have several in the fridge hahah! it could be interesting if the bottles got confused.

oh edit: i just realised you said it's not a good idea to store it in water.

ok looks like i'm gonna get some polish spirit (or something equally potent, i was meaning to get some anyway to make limoncello) and store the acid in a small amount of it, in a film canister in the fridge, hopefully that will work!

edit: or distilled water, either way will be good!

i wouldn't put it in any liquid or spirit. keep it in a tupperware or airtight container in a warm and dry place.

it will be saturated pretty evenly and i doubt it will degrade too much over the next couple of weeks.

Guest Drahken

Didnt read the thread 100% but looks like its been covered. Just split the cube in two, eat half. I actually did that Sunday night!

Don't put it in water intentionally, especially tap water because it is treated with chemicals that can be damaging.

normal water is a bad op unless your planning on ingesting it as a single hit. there's no telling how many mics end up in your system with each sip. my suggestion is to just eat the entire thing this weekend...why play around with spirits and distilled water. aussie acid is fucking clean as...your gonna have a fine time on two :)

normal water is a bad op unless your planning on ingesting it as a single hit. there's no telling how many mics end up in your system with each sip. my suggestion is to just eat the entire thing this weekend...why play around with spirits and distilled water. aussie acid is fucking clean as...your gonna have a fine time on two :)

i'm not worried about how potent it would be, i'd just like to save half for another time, because acid's so rare here!

Just dissolve it in 50 ml of everclear, measure out 25 ml.

This works fine.

i've never actually seen everclear in australia, i'll have a look though.

Guest 277: 930-933

i'm not worried about how potent it would be, i'd just like to save half for another time, because acid's so rare here!

Just dissolve it in 50 ml of everclear, measure out 25 ml.

This works fine.

i've never actually seen everclear in australia, i'll have a look though.

Any kind of strong, pure alcohol will do.

Vodka or some gin perhaps.

Guest Drahken

I just used a steak knife to saw the cube in half and ate the side that crumbled, keeping the side that didn't for another day. Id say this is your best option. Your not going to lose anything this way, at most you'd get one dose thats stronger than the other. Dissolving it in a liquid and then trying to measure it out just seems silly. Thats a lot of effort, and in the end some of it might remain on the container the liquid is in.

Guest Thaddeusz

LSD is an unusually fragile molecule and some comments are in order as to its stability and storage. As a salt, in water, cold, and free from air and light exposure, it is stable indefinitely. There are two sensitive aspects of its structure. The position of the carboxamide attachment, the 8-position, is affected by basic, or high pH, conditions. Through a process called epimerization, this position can scramble, producing isolysergic acid diethylamide, or iso-LSD. This product is biologically inactive, and represents a loss of a proportionate amount of active product. A second and separate point of instability is the double bond that lies between this 8-position and the aromatic ring. Water or alcohol can add to this site, especially in the presence of light (sunlight with its ultraviolet energy is notoriously bad) to form a product that has been called lumi-LSD, which is totally inactive in man. Oh yes, and often overlooked, there may be only an infinitesimal amount of chlorine in treated tap water, but then there is only an infinitesimal amount of LSD in a typical LSD solution. And since chlorine will destroy LSD on contact, the dissolving of LSD in tap water is not appropriate.

Source: http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online.../tihkal26.shtml [that is a report on lsd synthesis for the most part]

How did you know where exactly the drops of acid ended up on the sugar cube?

Cutting the cube in half is an incredibly unreliable way of dividing up a dose.

Making a solution is the only way you can be sure of how much of the original dose you are taking.

I've never experienced negative effects using an alcohol solution, but I'm not going to go against Alexander Shulgin.

Guess distilled water is the most reliable method.

How did you know where exactly the drops of acid ended up on the sugar cube?

Cutting the cube in half is an incredibly unreliable way of dividing up a dose.

Making a solution is the only way you can be sure of how much of the original dose you are taking.

my thoughts exactly.

Archived