IGNORED

record player

b born droid

Because of the credit crunch it was a surprise to get a letter from my credit card company telling me they've extended my limit.....Which means I'm in the market to spend money on shit I probably don't need.

I need a new record player as the one I have currently is a cheap piece of shit.

Things I care about:

Sound quality

Durability

Things I don't care about:

Mixing or any of that shit. I'm buying this to listen to my vinyl collection, not for mixing.

I have a relatively good amp and decent enough speakers, so this will be the last thing to add.

Any recommendations?? £150 or so budget...

I came here because I believe in Watmm.

Cheers guys.

Guest Drahken

Technics. It doesnt need to be an sl-1200 or anything fancy. The reason I like Technics is they made solid tables that still work 20+ years later. Not only that, but just about any part you would need should it ever break is easily available and inexpensive. I forget what model I have, its a dinosaur from the 80', cost me $5 at a yard sale, and it sounds great.

As you're not planning mixing an' all that, I suggest getting a Pro-ject debut 3 (or a second hand Rega P3) - Unfortunately for the former you'll have to get a speed box or you'll drive yourself mental changing the belt from 33 to 45 all the time.

As you're not planning mixing an' all that, I suggest getting a Pro-ject debut 3 (or a second hand Rega P3) - Unfortunately for the former you'll have to get a speed box or you'll drive yourself mental changing the belt from 33 to 45 all the time.

and the latter

Archived