IGNORED

bacon

pylonbitch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

i really have nothing to say other than once again bacon has blown my mind. i just indulged a late evening whim and had 4 strips, each better than the last. now i'm sat here just shaking my head. bacon is the best. i mean that from the bottom of my heart.

i want a sausage made entirely out of bacon.

this is brilliant. I am going to ask the head butcher tomorrow if he can make one for me. It is definitely possible. Will report back.

Guest my usernames always really suck

This time I looked carefully at packages when buying bacon a couple days ago. This time it wasn't "smoked" or "cured" anywhere. Just Fucking Bacon. So hopefully this is what I need for proper carbonara next time.

jesus wept over bacon. a plate of bacon was presented before jesus and he wept like a four year old girl. god was like, WTF? and jesus was like, OMG LOL. and god was like srsly wtf, jesus was all dude lol, and wtfs were tossed around until wtf and lol were like omg lol wtf

Guest my usernames always really suck

Got any good recipes that'll let me put this bacon grease to good use bro?

bacon grease.... i mean... cook eggs in that shit, fry onions in that shit.... i mean.... you know... any recipe that calls for butter or olive oil, just turn your head and go na-na... and then sub in the bacon fat

Guest countchocula

this is brilliant. I am going to ask the head butcher tomorrow if he can make one for me. It is definitely possible. Will report back.

I want an update on how this went.

I want an update on how this went.

Oh lol I forgot to update!

he said that anything that could be put through the grinder can be put in sausage.

He won't make me one though, because you can't just make 1 (he's have to make a "full run", and he said (with a self-righteous smile on his face) that he "didn't think the customers would be very interested in bacon filled pig intestine". Once I learn how to make sausage myself, and he isn't there, I'll do it myself. That'll probably be in a year though, so I guess I'll ask the boss's son. He's really cool and might appreciate what I'm trying to do here.

My mom used to keep all the bacon grease in a old-skool coffee pot on the stove. She hardly ever used cooking oil, instead using the bacon grease to fry things in. I miss bacon grease.

*looks at bottle of extra virgin olive oil that he paid 7 bucks for in disgust*

• 3 years later...

how to make good bacon:

pre-warm a grill with tin foil

lay your bacon flat

sprinkle with brown sugar

give it a minute and a half under the heat

put nice bread in the toaster

flip bacon and moar brown sugar

when the bread pops up, take the bacon off the grill

put it in the bread. aka a 'sandwich'.

sriracha.