IGNORED

Music Recommendations Please

autopilot

Guest catsonearth
What's EAP, a netlabel? Never heard of it. *googles*

And Chopin, I fucking love Chopin. :beer:

Anyone ever play that game Eternal Sonata? It's like having Japan take a big steamy shit on music.

EAP is the name of the EP series. it stands for something, i'm sure, but i couldn't tell you what. EOD is the main artist that produced most of the EPs. impakt did one and someone named FAH also did one. i think impakt posts here as 'noise' and EOD also posts, but i can't remember his screenname.

here, i'll upload a track for you to get you started. nice, mellow acid.

02_90.mp3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest racial-halfpipe~

eugh, fuckin sorabji, people just like that shit cos it's difficult to play. Worthless.

:undecided: i found it quite beautiful.

lol

i agree that most of his famous work is pointless and overwrought, and known more for its complexity rather than artistic merit, but his nocturnes are different because with these pieces i think he finally succeeded in uniting the disparate musical elements that had inspired him. the timeless eastern improvisatory feel he drew from his parsi background is wedded as equal partner to the meandering chromatic language of his late romantic and impressionist contemporaries. the result is an aimless wandering through an unresolving landscape of cascades, filligree, and tangled counterpoint that concludes at the point it began. nothing else quite like it.

i like some of his transcendental studies as well.

What's EAP, a netlabel? Never heard of it. *googles*

And Chopin, I fucking love Chopin. :beer:

Anyone ever play that game Eternal Sonata? It's like having Japan take a big steamy shit on music.

EAP is the name of the EP series. it stands for something, i'm sure, but i couldn't tell you what. EOD is the main artist that produced most of the EPs. impakt did one and someone named FAH also did one. i think impakt posts here as 'noise' and EOD also posts, but i can't remember his screenname.

here, i'll upload a track for you to get you started. nice, mellow acid.

02_90.mp3

lol. EOD is (was) noise. Though I believe he changed his username recently.

eugh, fuckin sorabji, people just like that shit cos it's difficult to play. Worthless.

lol

i agree that most of his famous work is pointless and overwrought, and known more for its complexity rather than artistic merit, but his nocturnes are different because with these pieces i think he finally succeeded in uniting the disparate musical elements that had inspired him. the timeless eastern improvisatory feel he drew from his parsi background is wedded as equal partner to the meandering chromatic language of his late romantic and impressionist contemporaries. the result is an aimless wandering through an unresolving landscape of cascades, filligree, and tangled counterpoint that concludes at the point it began. nothing else quite like it.

God you should write for pitchfork

lol

well i broke the audio port on my laptop so i'll have to take your word for it. I may have a chance to meet ronald stevenson in the next few months, i know he's a big fan of it. Although i loathe busoni so perhaps i'll never enjoy it.

Guest AOOproductions

DAAAM! by Tha Alkaholics off Coast II Coast. Fuckin excellent track! The underlying melodies in this track are so lush. Fuckin great ear for subtle samples. Been listening to this album and joint alot lately

DAAAM! by Tha Alkaholics off Coast II Coast. Fuckin excellent track! The underlying melodies in this track are so lush. Fuckin great ear for subtle samples. Been listening to this album and joint alot lately

Not really my thing but the video is 90's style hilarious.

On a side note I'm really digging Zomby and Altern8 whoever recommended them.

Also, really digging the EAP tracks. Part of me says "You shouldn't like this because it's a blatant ripoff of Analord", then another part of me says "Yeh, but it's actually kind of better."

Guest abusivegeorge
I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. I'm still chipping away at the suggestions.

I like a man who thanks his mortals, glad to hear your enjoying it, don't listen to Luke hes just bothered by the making love to a deaf/blind bird thread.

Archived