IGNORED

I had a very large polyp removed from my sinus

lumpenprol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I'm not sure of the exact measurements, I want to ask for the pathology (?) report. The doc said it was very large and he held it up to gross out the nurses. He made a motion with his hand that suggested it was about the size of a walnut. It filled up my entire left maxillary sinus, they had to break it into two pieces to get it out.

Guest 277: 930-933

It must have been very satisfying to get that removed, like a huge booger.

Or when you blow your nose after a nose-bleed and you get this huge splatter that fills an entire napkin in one blow.

It's the little things that make life great.

It must have been very satisfying to get that removed, like a huge booger.

Or when you blow your nose after a nose-bleed and you get this huge splatter that fills an entire napkin in one blow.

It's the little things that make life great.

that, and I got a prescription for Vicodin

isn't a polyp some kind of jellyfish-like sea creature? did you have a sea creature up your nose?

You know I've been wondering that myself. The first time I noticed there was something weird in that nostril was about six years ago, after I went scuba diving.

Apparently however nasal polyps are not that uncommon.

Guest abusivegeorge
isn't a polyp some kind of jellyfish-like sea creature? did you have a sea creature up your nose?

You know I've been wondering that myself. The first time I noticed there was something weird in that nostril was about six years ago, after I went scuba diving.

Apparently however nasal polyps are not that uncommon.

They aren't that uncommon at all, my grandad and my uncle had them. When my grandad had his removed (and I say his because there were many) they looked like a shrunken bunch of grapes, again about the size of a Walnut but lots of little ones joined together. Apparently they shouldnt be or get this big though?

don't know, from what I read they just keep growing over time, nasty buggers. Mine was starting to push out of my maxillary sinus and up towards the sinus above the eye; they can also push out and down the back of your throat. My doc was telling me how sometimes he removes them via the throat if they've started to grow in that direction. Bizarre when the body goes haywire like that.

In my case I was just lazy about looking into it. Had "warning signs" for years but never thought anything of it, until this year when I started to feel the pressure and get sinus infections. It wouldn't surprise me if Shanghai pollution accelerated the growth.

Archived