IGNORED

my mac died the other day

Guest Ricky Downtown

Guest JohnTqs

my eMac. it was like a second computer though, so i had nothing important. i used it mainly for listening to music and going on the internet. i have all my mp3's on an external hard drive so i didn't lose any. today i had to move all those onto my pc, but my pc wouldn't recognize the external hard drive...so i put all my music on my brothers mac, and then formated the ehd. i have a 1g thumbdrive that can work on mac and pc, i had to use it to transfer mp3's between the mac and pc, 1g at a time. took about 5 hours. i haven't opened itunes yet because i want to find a way to keep all the play counts and ratings of songs i had on my mac...

i only had this mac for half a year, won't be buying another.

Guest JohnTqs
u r gay

oh

Why are the play counts and ratings important?

well one day i found out about smart playlists in itunes, then figured that i could make my own smart shuffle. so i rated all of my songs and made a smart playlist for all songs with a rating of 4, play count of between 1 and 10, and some other criteria like not a podcast and shit.. also i made a smartplaylist for songs with a playcount of 0, cus i don't like having music on my ipod that i haven't listened to. that playlist shows me which ones i haven't listened to yet.

your track ratings and playcounts are completely gone unless you also saved the itunes library file that wouldve been in your itunes music directory.

I have lost many many playlists and ratings this way, and its damn frustrating.

with a touch screen?

Sure, if that's what you have. The point is to get the seeming randomness of your picking the song, but letting the universe guide your choice. It's called Synchronicity and it was invented by Buddha and Carl Jung and later perfected by the band Sting And The Policeman.

Guest JohnTqs
your track ratings and playcounts are completely gone unless you also saved the itunes library file that wouldve been in your itunes music directory.

I have lost many many playlists and ratings this way, and its damn frustrating.

well that blows. maybe i'll just go on a music adventure, listen to all my songs and rate them all again! fuckkk that would take a long time.

yesterday my magsafe power cable melted.

wow fuck! really? my battery died completely for no reason the other week, so i phoned apple in tokyo and they had customer service in english! my macbook was one of the models that came with a faulty battery, so they sent a new one to my apartment in 20 hours! that pretty fucking good customer service.

still, my macbook doesn't seem to be running nearly as fast as when i got it in 2006. i cant even use abelton 5 without it all crapping out on me. having only 512MB of ram probably isn't helping either. i cant be bothered to completely uninstall, format and re-install everything either.

mine is a brand new macbook pro. i rang them up was told to wait 5 days for a new one in the post (and then post back the faulty one to them) or book an appointment at the store. i explained that ive broken both my heels and cant really walk, and that consequently im working from home. ive also got deadlines for monday and am working over the weekend so need a new one as soon as possible. my only option was to book a 'genius bar' appointment for tomorrow at 3pm. im going to have to get a taxi to the door of a shopping mall, and hobble to the macstore on crutches.

its going to make them look so good when a 'cripple' painfully hobbles in because its the only way he can get a replacement for a burnt and melted power adaptor from a 3 month old top of the line macbook.

I think it's about time to replace my mac. I tried burning a cd the other day and the computer spits the cd out after a few minutes and ssays something about a problem "calibrating the laser power level for this media". I tried the Apple messageboards and their "geniuses" seemed to have either ignored this problem (I'm far from the only one with this problem) or they can't fix it.

The ultra-sleek trendy line up of modern Macintosh computers allow users the freedom and stability to make pedantic remarks on the internet.

Guest SecondaryCell
still, my macbook doesn't seem to be running nearly as fast as when i got it in 2006. i cant even use abelton 5 without it all crapping out on me. having only 512MB of ram probably isn't helping either. i cant be bothered to completely uninstall, format and re-install everything either.

No need to uninstall, format, re-install (it's not a PC!)... just get this:

iDefrag

Archived