IGNORED

Greggs

Guest Iain C

Guest Iain C

How do you feel about popular cheap bakery chain Greggs?

Do you feel it is contributing to our "broken Britain" culture by feeding the underclass?

Do you feel it is a cruel blow that the cheapest food on the high street is also the least healthy?

Are you "totally addicted to vegetable pasties"?

Do you feel that the Angus Lattice is simply a tarted-up Steak Bake?

Do you prefer shops with linoleum flooring?

Greggs21.jpg

88D5178F-AB04-1B11-5388AE0E973B7127.jpg

37791_1.jpg

Greggs_fullsize.jpg

greggs-set-to-cook-up-a-sto.jpg

greggs_1006564i.jpg

I'm off to Greggs.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my old office was underneath a greggs and we used to get cockroaches coming in. i also saw the sketchiest spider - its carapace was whitish/creme, and it's legs were hinged like a face-hugger's but pointy and arched menacingly. it was fucking huge and almost definitely not from england - the office was next to shepherd's bush market where lots of arab and caribbean goods are imported. my boss squished it to an audible crunch after i screamed like a bitch. sorry to derail, but anyone know what spider it could've been?

edit: bean and sausage pasties for the hangover

edit edit: 9999th post!

edit edit edit: last post

Guest Iain C

One of these maybe?

spider04.jpg

Oven Door is good, Baker's Oven is pretty nice as well. Anything with "baker" or "oven" in the name is probably going to be delicious. My favourite chain-bakery is actually Don Miller's, but I've never seen one outside of Peterborough. They make the best fucking pizza in the world.

i had a greggs yesterday - i had a new orleans chicken sandwich and a chicken bake. it was good. i'm a big fan of greggs bakes and slices.

also, lol at don millers pizza in peterborough - totally forgotten about that! it is indeed very good.

cheep n cheerful with some tasty goods. good on them for having a niche and sticking to it in a sea of over-priced poncy deli's. catering to the lower wage bracket is not 'contributing to a broken britain'.

i'm partial to the occasional chicken and bacon lattice but eating puff pastry for lunch everyday (like most of their patrons) is a bad idea.

fresh cream apple turnovers too! yum.

Guest Dirty Protest

I can only imagine your chicken sandwich floated out.

Cream doughnuts and thats about it. The meat pies are akin to russian roulette.

appart from irn bru this is the finest export from north of the border.

noe if only you cunts could get the hang of some lorne sausage style rolls.

steakbake for the win

Guest Dirty Protest

Mosca do you get proper pasties in Scotland? Battered random meat and potatoes. Its the thing I miss most about home.

greggs is scum. i miss small independent bakeries and sandwich shops. in some high streets, there are greggs outlets within a hundred yards of each other. their food is shit. their staff are usually shit. they're shit all round.

fuck greggs

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
Are you "totally addicted to vegetable pasties"?

i used to be. then they changed. now i live nowhere near one.

i love pasties

Guest Iain C

I just ate two vegetable pasties in a row, it was mental.

I hear what Ludd is saying about independent bakeries. I miss them too - we've got a really nice one back in Deeping St. James which I usually use when I'm there. Sadly in my South-East London wasteland, I have a choice between Greggs and this poncey yuppie rubbish: http://www.rhodesbakery.co.uk/

So it's a Greggs every time. And the staff in my local shop at least are lovely.

Linoleum floor does my head in though, reminds me of school toilets.

Guest abusivegeorge

Theresa Don Millers here too, and they have a serve yourself as much bacon as you want in a roll and pay a set price deal, which is fucking awesome.

As for greggs if you've not much money and want something reasonably tasty that isnt a maccy shit d's or a fucky mc burger king than its alright.

Guest Iain C

Ah, you've got to try the Don Miller's pizza. Maybe it's just the one in Peterborough which is awesome though.

Anyway, for those of you (like me) who love pastry, here's a little tip for how to eat your next pasty. What I recommend that you do is to bite into the pasty from one of the sides, not a corner. Eat all the pasty but SAVE THE CORNERS. Then when you're done with the main body of the pasty you can eat the corners one by one. Everybody knows that the corner is where the pastry/filling ratio is highest. Delicious corners. I always enjoyed savouring that last corner until I realised - hang on, you can have FOUR last corners!

Ah, you've got to try the Don Miller's pizza. Maybe it's just the one in Peterborough which is awesome though.

Anyway, for those of you (like me) who love pastry, here's a little tip for how to eat your next pasty. What I recommend that you do is to bite into the pasty from one of the sides, not a corner. Eat all the pasty but SAVE THE CORNERS. Then when you're done with the main body of the pasty you can eat the corners one by one. Everybody knows that the corner is where the pastry/filling ratio is highest. Delicious corners. I always enjoyed savouring that last corner until I realised - hang on, you can have FOUR last corners!

this is nonsense unless you consider the pastry to be the most important part of a pasty

Guest Dirty Protest

Joey Dunlop goes into Gregs and says "is that a pastry or a merengue?"

And the bird behind the counter says "no your right Joey, its a pastry." :fear:

i also saw the sketchiest spider - its carapace was whitish/creme, and it's legs were hinged like a face-hugger's but pointy and arched menacingly. it was fucking huge and almost definately not from england - the office was next to shepherd's bush market where lots of arab and afro-carribean goods are imported. my boss squished it to an audible crunch after i screamed like a bitch. sorry to derail, but anyone know what spider it could've been?

try http://www.whatsthatbug.com/ ? scroll downwards to Bug Info and Spiders

Guest chunky

50p sausage roll for breakfast :-D

staff are always minging and the food is weird tho they prolly put all chemicals and addictive weird gunk in the food like mcdonalds do

cornish pasty shop fucking pwns greggs the sausage rolls are better they do real pizza for cheap

and CURRY pasties :beer:

and theres fitter staff, polish birds and austarlians birds and shit working there and shit

curry pasty + a beer for the win

or sausage roll + dandelion and burdock

Archived