IGNORED

aphex noiding out BLOC crowd

lala

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ed spoke to rich and apparently he didnt like it either. he also wanted to burn the aphex logo into peoples retina's which probably suceeded. me n manda had really sore eyes from that main room. god knows what the person standing right in front of the decks got, there was a permenant logo flashing there.

we were forgetting to blink all the time and for some reasons our the black bits in our eyes were unusually big. as were a lot of peoples. i think that must be what happens when you get mind controlled.

id also like to show off a bit more about my jedi mind tricks on 2 seperate occasions. 'therezzz nothingggg in myyy pockettttdsssss' supreme skills on my behalf.

neway where the hell were you luddy? thought you had a way in?

he basically accidently most of the music. it was at least half a set of neo-rave shite. we stayed at least till we got pushed about and went off to be fluffy with each other with fluffy people being fluffy.

the tuning was about as good as altern-8's who accidently 4 notes for ages.

edit* i read the rules. they're quite nicely written. im not sure how this fits in with my discussion, or are you being subversive?

Overall, had no problems whatasoever apart from losing my phone, which was completely my own fault - it's on its way back anyways so no worries there.

Otherwise everyone was sound, proper great festival, loads of nice people and good music. Reminded me of Glade in that way.

Random factor: anyone else see Martyn on Friday (I think it was at that time anyways) mixing Township Funk into Simply Red - Fairground?

It seemed like some elaborate practical or inside joke at the time it wasn't on for long anyways, not sure it went down too well!

Edit = dodgy spelling as always, got to stop typing too fast.

no i dint see martyn, not sure who he is, but i did see ADJ and he was playing some pretty good electro.

i very nearly tried to get on stage and angry pirate amanda during aphexs set so i could become an internet legend for a while but chickened out at the last minute (we were so bolloxed) due to me probably not being able to finish off and us getting chucked out.

yeah, sound as people and best festi ever.

i got food poisoning, and spent the majority of the weekend hugging our chalet toilet.

fuck man, that's really shitty (pun not intended).

bloc tv was wicked. consistently interesting, illuminating or downright wonky. the best saturday morning cartoons too. saw something called 'super prison' which sent me a bit darkside though - not the best thing to watch at fragile'o'clock.

I'm really surprised no one has asked more about Richard carrying around his sleeping child... isn't it a bit loud at one of these venues for an infant/toddler?

I'm really surprised no one has asked more about Richard carrying around his sleeping child... isn't it a bit loud at one of these venues for an infant/toddler?

The only thing I can thing of is that Ed Chamberlain was on afterwards with lots of nice, crunchy, aqua meldoies, perfect for a child in that instance!

Not saying that this was boring at all, compeltely to the contrary just not as brutal as what preceeded.

Well, I'm just thinking - do the artists at a gig like this get their own trailers or chalets far enough away that it's not so noisy?

LOL, he probably had him/her under the table where his laptop was, changing nappies while beat matching! :laughing:

Guest spraaaa
bloc tv was wicked. consistently interesting, illuminating or downright wonky. the best saturday morning cartoons too. saw something called 'super prison' which sent me a bit darkside though - not the best thing to watch at fragile'o'clock.

superjail? that show is mostly gore with terrible characters but the animation is so good I love it.

aphex & hecker sounds intense too, hope they make it to the us

Well, I'm just thinking - do the artists at a gig like this get their own trailers or chalets far enough away that it's not so noisy?

LOL, he probably had him/her under the table where his laptop was, changing nappies while beat matching! :laughing:

it isnt noisy in the chalets

at a dedbeat i went to years ago when i was 17 (2nd dedbeat for me, 3rd one hoster i think) Vibert was playing a set at about 6pm on the Friday evening and his toddlers were running around dancing, it was really cute.

my friends and I were at the front of the room dancing, and loads of hiphopping gays were stood in a massive penguin bunch being pretencious, so as we were all drunk, we kept going up to them and dancing in their faces. it worked, everyone was bouncing after a couple of minutes (or it could have been viberts funk)

i like to feel as though i was teh heroe though

it isnt noisy in the chalets

it is if you run about shouting and bang on the walls with a screwdriver.

i got food poisoning, and spent the majority of the weekend hugging our chalet toilet.

fuck man, that's really shitty (pun not intended).

yep. dirty pizza hut salad bar. never trust food thats been left out under lights with 5000 ravers wandering nearby...

i made it out for literally 1 hour on sunday to do our dj set, courtesy of a large glass of straight gin, and a handful of ibuprofen & rennies... grim. luckily, as we do a silly rave nostalgia/pastiche thing, i got to wear a mask & sunglasses, so no-one could see just how rough i looked...

gutted though, as i missed a load of mates and djs/artists i really wanted to see :-( weekend was overall a bit of a washout for me.

Archived