IGNORED

joy division

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

really fucking sucked

mostly because the singer was awful. thats an awful voice. and thats coming from a fan of odd voices (robert wyatt,scott walker,joanna newsom,asmz,fall)

people like joy division?

wooooooooo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beatfanatic

I cant say that I listen to them much but i do like the tracks "Transmission" and "Love will tear us apart".

Ian Curtis is why people think white people cant dance lol

I cant say that I listen to them much but i do like the tracks "Transmission" and "Love will tear us apart".

Ian Curtis is why people think white people cant dance lol

I always wondered if his epilepsy contributed to his "unique" dancing style...

really fucking sucked

mostly because the singer was awful. thats an awful voice. and thats coming from a fan of odd voices (robert wyatt,scott walker,joanna newsom,asmz,fall)

wooooooooo

with ya brah

really fucking sucked

wooooooooo

FUCK YOU

i think you yanks are missing the point. most of their stuff is out of tune or dischordant, lacklustre, and so on... but they were lads from manchester doing their best... and some of it makes my skin crawl. their music no different to a lot of idm wank - musically pants but able to conjure a haunting atmosphere. joy division however were unique, and their limited talent shines through with the honesty and enthusiasm with which they did it. i remember my big brother playing me out some of it... and i rejected it as indie shit. it wasn't after repeated forced listenings, and an epic come-down that i finally 'got it'.

I listened to the album Unknown Pleasures a few time, maybe it needs to grow on me but I think it's really boring and samey, I love 'Love Will Tear Us Apart', however.

Guest David R James

Have u heard the martin hannet/joy division release with the noise and ambient parts of some of the tracks, thats good.

i think you yanks are missing the point. most of their stuff is out of tune or dischordant, lacklustre, and so on... but they were lads from manchester doing their best... and some of it makes my skin crawl. their music no different to a lot of idm wank - musically pants but able to conjure a haunting atmosphere. joy division however were unique, and their limited talent shines through with the honesty and enthusiasm with which they did it. i remember my big brother playing me out some of it... and i rejected it as indie shit. it wasn't after repeated forced listenings, and an epic come-down that i finally 'got it'.

that's it exactly

I can see why someone would say this. However, I don't feel that way because I like to hear the "proto-New Order" that was finding its way even though it was quite rough at times. I love Ian's dancing--it mirrors the "out of control" message of their music and lyrics.

Sneaksta, Benedict and others can plug their eyes from this point but the movie "Control"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421082/

was an eerie approximation of what the Joy Division experience was like. The actors really did learn the music so the playing is perfectly accurate and Sam Riley looks and sounds so much like Ian Curtis, it must have been unsettling for his surviving friends and family to watch.

it wasn't a bad movie but i don't like the band. i only listen to Gregorian chant + whale singing.

Archived