IGNORED

joy division

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

and people say i'm negative

joy division made a classic album (unknown pleasures) and that's more than i can say for most bands

they're alright. i heard what i'm guessing (can't remember at this point) is a compilation of their tracks. but yeah, still not totally sure about all the hype.

Guest zaphod

how can a band that's been broken up for over twenty years have hype? except indie hipster kids who cite them as influential, which they are?

how can a band that's been broken up for over twenty years have hype? except indie hipster kids who cite them as influential, which they are?

are you intentionally trying not to understand my post

really fucking sucked

mostly because the singer was awful. thats an awful voice. and thats coming from a fan of odd voices (robert wyatt,scott walker,joanna newsom,asmz,fall)

people like joy division?

wooooooooo

your a idiot

Guest zaphod

yeah, i'm being dense. hype has a specific definition right? do you mean they get too much respect? because i haven't noticed ian curtis on the cover of nme recently.

there have been two movies maybe more relating to Joy Division, among an entire generation of bands sing their sound(Interpol and others) I think they get a decent amount of credit.

yeah, i'm being dense. hype has a specific definition right? do you mean they get too much respect? because i haven't noticed ian curtis on the cover of nme recently.

bah humfuck, i mean retrospective hype, yes. they influenced a fair amount of indie music today but a lot of that indie music is godawful. interpol has been mentioned itt, that's the first example i'm thinking of too.

just a personal preference thing really-i do like joy division and recognize their influence, but its just a niche i'm not into overall i think

Guest zaphod

bah humfuck, i mean retrospective hype, yes. they influenced a fair amount of indie music today but a lot of that indie music is godawful. interpol has been mentioned itt, that's the first example i'm thinking of too.

just a personal preference thing really-i do like joy division and recognize their influence, but its just a niche i'm not into overall i think

i dunno, i never got the interpol comparison. they sound more like the charlatans or television. but i agree with your general statement, i was probably being an ass due to alcohol consumption.

Guest tv_party

disorder is th'eyre best tune imo. I don't see how anyone could not hear that interpol is totally on joy divisions dick, no question.

Archived