IGNORED

My opinion on the piano

Guest my usernames always really suck

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EPIC THOUGHT!!

everyone's right! it's all subjective thoughts + feelings with opinions

some people think they are more right than others but they're wrong, whereas only certain people are the most right

don't fight autopilot, i don't want to see you get hurt :ohmy:

Guest analogue wings
don't fight autopilot, i don't want to see you get hurt :ohmy:

see, even chax knows i'm going to win.

look where the comma is. he's not telling autopilot not to fight, he's telling you not to fight autopilot

Guest DaveMike

this has piano in it

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

You're out of your mind.

Is Dayvan actually your favorite BoC track? The beginning progression is so infuriating that I almost routinely skip that track altogether.

What were you listening to that provoked you to create this thread?

best song

what are you, a faggot pussy

read the rules

Yes.

And it's BoC's best work by a longshot.

*jots it down*

you know what are fucking stupid? drums. Loud, obnoxious, its like, hey, if i want to beat my head against the wall all day id probably do that instead of listening to drums. or hey lets get rid of all the sweet frequencies in my track and replace it with with some drunk construction worker who cant write a song pummelling his massive dick into my sony c800G

its like

stupid cavemen trying to bang rocks and sticks

pick up a synth you neanderthal

saw2 isnt the greatest album of all time for no reason

dunno what to say to the piano hater(s), piano generally tends to sound the same no matter what you do with it. i'm not saying that's a bad thing, i think piano is great! though i don't understand a lot of the super avantgarde stuff.

but i don't think anyone can say they hate guitar music without hearing what adrian belew or robert fripp can do with one.. king crimson's album 'discipline' being a reference here. most of the 'synth' sounds are made with guitars.

or what about oren ambarchi, he releases ambient albums that sound 100% electronic but are made with a guitar.

piano generally tends to sound the same no matter what you do with it.

it's a more refined difference, like wine tasting, theres no direct contact with the strings (traditionally) so the expressive potential is less obvious.

Guest hahathhat
I hate the piano. I absolutely loathe it.

It sounds out of place in classical music, it sounds out of place in jazz, it sounds out of place in techno, it sounds out of place wherever it is, in any context you could possibly place it. No matter how good someone is at playing it, I hate everything about the sound itself. I especially can't stand piano-only music with the tinkle-tinkle-plink-plink-tinkle-tinkle all over, the very sound grates the very core of my being into a spiteful swirling mass of concentrated rage and hatred. I hold the piano on no pedestal other than that of execration and belligerence.

The piano is good for nothing but fire-wood.

they're good for a giggle if your mash your butt on the keys

Guest beatfanatic

chax i think you lose all credibility once you align your taste exclusively according to what RDJ says. I am not a huge fan of the Piano but i wouldn't say i hate it. Saying guitar music sucks is just ridiculous.

Guest zaphod

i don't think piano lends itself well to avant garde music. really atonal piano music sucks, usually, whereas with other instruments that sort of thing works more often.

Archived