IGNORED

j swift

Guest boo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod
it's not just skytree, various other people are gone (planetoid)

?

planetoid still posts here

also, i think people just lose interest in being "on" all the time. i don't care what i post anymore, and so my post quality has declined, if it was ever there to begin with. i personally have looked back at some of my old threads and i have no idea who this person is that has taken so much time to get laughs out of people. and then i don't really find a lot of old threads that funny either. this seems true of a lot of people. i mean, how long can one really maintain interest in an internet messageboard? i suppose if this place really felt like a tight knit community (i get the impression it was like this early on, long before i got here, when it was less anonymous) it might be more interesting.

but then, honestly, i don't remember you in particular ever being that funny, so maybe stop complaining? lol

planetoid was a fucking faggot. good riddance, I say

yeah his post quality would have gone downhill had he decided to stick around any way. i never liked him. i think he lives in his mom's basement.

Guest my usernames always really suck
planetoid was a fucking faggot. good riddance, I say

yeah his post quality would have gone downhill had he decided to stick around any way. i never liked him. i think he lives in his mom's basement.

Last I heard, he was helping your mother create you a new brother.

this seems true of a lot of people. i mean, how long can one really maintain interest in an internet messageboard?

right, i guess that's what i ended up concluding

but then, honestly, i don't remember you in particular ever being that funny, so maybe stop complaining? lol

lol ... it was really more nostalgia, not complaining per se, from seeing that picture. the point of wattem, at least when i liked it much more in 2004-06, was NOT just funniness, jokes, etc.; it was the community, the extensive conversations with people on slsk and through PMs, the occasional meaningful thread (not many of the pseudo-intellectual threads qualified, but some did). so if there was any contribution i made, perhaps it was the passion/intensity, though i guess not humorousness (unless you count the funny quotes thread, which, you shouldn't)

don't be too bummed, I'll always remember you as the nice guy who PMed me the BoC Broken Drum remix.

let's not forget there are two other contributing factors -

- the decline of electronic music in general

- subforums

I think these have gradually drained some of the lifeblood out of things.

Guest sero_13

I always liked Swifty. He was clearly a bullshitter alot of the time but I've found myself more and more drawn to these types of people in recent years, simply because they entertain so much. I once spoke to someone who tried to convince me he was going to be the one who kills Sadam.

So, to recap: I like J Swift and I'm entertained by lies.

Edit: 420 posts. May as well quit now. Its taken me 7 years to get this far..

don't be too bummed, I'll always remember you as the nice guy who PMed me the BoC Broken Drum remix.

let's not forget there are two other contributing factors -

- the decline of electronic music in general

- subforums

I think these have gradually drained some of the lifeblood out of things.

the decline began almost precisely when the subforums started; i think this was why something like 85% of wattem were anti-subforums, when skytree started that poll. but of course joyrex shot down the idea

yeah i think we're all more mature. i still think subforums killed the perfect blend of humor and music discussion. that was the right forumula - on the left we have gen ban, on the right we have ekt. now i dont visit the subforums ever. plus the decline of this music has for sure given us less inspiration.

also, the new kids that have filled the immaturity void are just idealistic and whiny in their immaturity, not funny.

poop was flourishing in 04-06, trust me i know, i was poop's biggest purveyor.

but that's cool, i'd rather stroke my beard than laugh these days.

pbn you just seem bitchier if you'd like an objective perspective. so maybe you have indeed matured.

What happened recently with Rex polling about making a Music subforum, instead of Artist subforums? I thought we were seeing a possible improvement there but it kind of disappeared.

Like WATMM T-shirts. Time to bump that thread I think.

"They're coming guys! I made the order form!"

Guest Mirezzi

I was pretty sure I kept track of Planetoid, even when he became my usernames always really suck, but I started to confuse my usernames always really suck with Enter a new display name, which is ummm unfortunate for Planetoid for a number of reasons. I'll try to keep up.

Guest abusivegeorge

No you said you preferred usernames when he was called that, but that if it was essines then you hated him, so the penis stuck in pool filter becomes irrelevant, and username and essines become your target audience.

Archived