IGNORED

World Health Organization: Swine flu could spread globally

karmakramer

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you want humanity to suffer some catastrophic something-or-other but don't want to catch yourself, thanksomuch? if you caught it you could go out and help spread it around

Guest thanksomuch
so you want humanity to suffer some catastrophic something-or-other but don't want to catch yourself, thanksomuch? if you caught it you could go out and help spread it around

most humans have a fear of dying, i am one of those humans. i can't help it. I would not purposely expose any population to an illness i carried. i am hoping more for a meteor or... something...

Guest hahathhat
is it sick of me to secretly WANT for humanity to suffer some catastrophic something-or-other? i rly feel we NEED it.

i was mulling something over, today: there are always BAD DUDES in movies or whatever trying to bring about armageddon, apocalypse, revelation, whatever. most people just say, oh, it's because they're BAD. but, thinking about it, i realized it's quite possible (though still fucked up) to want armageddon for noble reasons, such as:

1) we're fucking this planet over and it probably doesn't deserve it

2) suffering is part of human existence, and the only way to stop suffering 100% is for everyone to die

3) if revelation is inevitable, well... i'm the sort of lad that rips the band-aid off all at once, rather than dragging it out.

i know you don't mean that, though, TSM. you more mean like the united states government collapsing and forcing us to to fend for ourselves, as opposed to everyone on earth dying. i think that's partially from a natural desire for adventure and excitement, but predominately the result of anger and frustration. shit's fucked up, you hear about it every day, and you can't do anything. you simmer over time, and one day you find yourself wishing aliens would attack or something terrible just so you wouldn't have to wake up for work tomorrow and sign your paychecks over to RPGs in iraq. i've fantasized about it -- i could get some guns to defend myself and make a nice living growing weed, right? but, i know that's a fantasy, and it probably wouldn't work out that way. more likely, in two weeks i'd be fighting old ladies for rolls of toilet paper, and it'd get worse from there.

Guest thanksomuch
is it sick of me to secretly WANT for humanity to suffer some catastrophic something-or-other? i rly feel we NEED it.

i was mulling something over, today: there are always BAD DUDES in movies or whatever trying to bring about armageddon, apocalypse, revelation, whatever. most people just say, oh, it's because they're BAD. but, thinking about it, i realized it's quite possible (though still fucked up) to want armageddon for noble reasons, such as:

1) we're fucking this planet over and it probably doesn't deserve it

2) suffering is part of human existence, and the only way to stop suffering 100% is for everyone to die

3) if revelation is inevitable, well... i'm the sort of lad that rips the band-aid off all at once, rather than dragging it out.

i know you don't mean that, though, TSM. you more mean like the united states government collapsing and forcing us to to fend for ourselves, as opposed to everyone on earth dying. i think that's partially from a natural desire for adventure and excitement, but predominately the result of anger and frustration. shit's fucked up, you hear about it every day, and you can't do anything. you simmer over time, and one day you find yourself wishing aliens would attack or something terrible just so you wouldn't have to wake up for work tomorrow and sign your paychecks over to RPGs in iraq. i've fantasized about it -- i could get some guns to defend myself and make a nice living growing weed, right? but, i know that's a fantasy, and it probably wouldn't work out that way. more likely, in two weeks i'd be fighting old ladies for rolls of toilet paper, and it'd get worse from there.

you read my mind.

Guest my usernames always really suck

that's because you're both listening to the same Linkin Park songs

Guest zaphod

a pig followed me into town today, i tried to lose him but he was crafty. now i'm feeling a little light headed.

Guest glasse
I have two friends leaving for Mexico tonight, for a week. :mellow:

i wonder if you should try to talk them into not going.

Archived