IGNORED

best frozen pizza?

Fred McGriff

IN THE UK I LIKED THE ASDA FRESH PIZZAS. ASDA 4 LIFE!

Every time I see that store mentioned on here it makes me think of some syndrome or condition.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't remember the last time i had a frozen pizza. i prefer fresh chilled pizzas from the supermarket rather than frozen. i like basic traditional base pepperoni from tesco or bbq chicken from m&s. pizza express are too small and overpriced but damn tasty and most authentic italian style. sloppy guiseppi or whatever it's called is my favourite.

and you don't need a roller to make pizza dough, the italians just knead it out and twirl it about above their heads. i'd like to give it a go too.

Guest leprechaun

Mama Celeste, but you have to cook that shit in a toaster oven. If you use a microwave it tastes like kaka.

When i was in vancouver i lived off of safeway thin crust roast veggie frozen pizzas. They're small but with a salad they totally do the job, and for generic brand pizza they taste incredible.

Guest joshier
i'd just like to throw Dr. Oetker into the mix. not that The Doctor's food is remotely edible, just that any food made by a doctor is pretty IDM.

droetkerpizza.jpg

Now, I don't know if it's this company, but I used to get one sort of pizza - they were in morrisons but either way, the packaging was very similar but instead of a thin one like this it was thick.

The crust was something special, it was really light, fluffy and crispy a little on the outside. It was one of the top 2 pizzas' I've had in my life and I'm a pizza fucking maniac.

Wish they still sold it, I think I depleted their stocks and they didn't bother to order any more in.

i think ristorante pizzas are delicious, although i only ever buy the mozzerella one and then add my own toppings. sometimes i get the 'pizza fungi' but id prefer to just customize my own pizza.

Guest Adjective

i can't find them anymore but i used to always buy a 4-pack of Mamacita's pizza. they were mostly air i think because i could never get full but they were like $1 each and with a touch of sriracha they hit the spot. i will definitely be investigating all the recommendations here.

do you guys microbake? i started doing this after falling in love with the toaster oven but missed the speed of the microwave. basically you just look at the recommended microwave time and then microwave it for half that. then quickly transport your pizza to your preheated toaster oven (personal pizzas) or oven (pizza party). now cook for half-ish of the recommended bake time or until golden brown.

Oh, I'd like to add that Target's Archer Farms house brand of frozen pizzas are especially good, IMO.

In fact, it gets a lot of praise on this site: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/437123

I've had this one, and I was surprised at the quality of the fresh mozzarella:

target_spinach_goat_cheese_pizza.jpg

frozen cherry tomatoes and frozen mushrooms, on frozen pizza, are the two of the most disgusting things ever edit: just an observation, i'm sure that pizza is lovely and it doesn't have mushrooms

also dr oetker is obviously gross, but their Casa di Mama dr-oetker.jpg ones are almost nice, although the sauce tastes like apple sauce and the quattro formaggio 17300_CasaPkgFlat4Ch_140_140.jpg one tastes of salad cream :sick:

Guest Adjective

i want some pizza so bad now.

if i hadn't microbaked a leftover double decker i would surely implode

i wouldnt put a double decker in the microwave personally. it would look like a person with brutal cirrhosis of the liver had shat the bed.

Guest Iain C

Dr. Oetker ristorante is clearly the world's best frozen pizza and anyone who disagrees is simply wrong

Archived