IGNORED

Montreal's strings

thehauntingsoul

the strings that start around 2:50

holy shit

sooooo goood they always send shivers up my spine. Does anybody else here agree that this is possibly the best thing they have ever done?

p.s. I started taking concerta again for my ADHD so expect to see a fuckload of my fanboy threads popping up again

Guest theSun

it's pretty good, i've been warming up quite a bit to the songs after Piezo recently, but most other Ae blows amber out of the water.

Guest Aces

Amber is much underrated. Even by myself. When I do take the time to listen to it is always better than I remember.

Amber is much underrated.

What? no it isn't

Together with Tri Repetae and Incunabula, it's their most popular release

Most people don't even listen to any other release beyond the first three albums

If i should believe the last.fm stats anyway

Guest Aces

What? no it isn't

Most people don't even listen to any other release beyond the first three albums

Ok, as far as I was aware it was. I stand corrected.

What? no it isn't

I sort of thought it is underrated in the Autechre subforum on here

Guest Abuse
p.s. I started taking concerta again for my ADHD so expect to see a fuckload of my fanboy threads popping up again

Good stuff from what i've heard, that concerta.

Guest Aces

What? no it isn't

I sort of thought it is underrated in the Autechre subforum on here

That was what led to my thinking it was underrated. I don't usually pay much attention to how people rate things.

Six used an Amber tune on his Space Odyssee Sparkle Motion mix, I didn't rate the tune much until I heard it in the context of that mix oddly enough, now I love it. And I can't fucking remember the name, I can hear it in my head, but the name is gone damnit.

(PS: Six I fucking love your Sparkle Motion mixes - and I love you.)

(love)

Amber is a masterpiece, there's no way to recapture that sound now, really. People have been sleeping on that album for way too long, I remember being instantly in love with it. One summer that was pretty much all I listened to.

Guest Hanratty
a bit too repetitive for me a bit too repetitive for me

I see what you did there. Very nice. :wink:

Amber was always a chore to listen to for me. I knew I should give it a fair try as it is classic AE, but every time I do I get pretty bored after about 3 minutes. Incunubula sounds better to me, tri rep is better still, and then they really got good.

Six used an Amber tune on his Space Odyssee Sparkle Motion mix, I didn't rate the tune much until I heard it in the context of that mix oddly enough, now I love it. And I can't fucking remember the name, I can hear it in my head, but the name is gone damnit.

(PS: Six I fucking love your Sparkle Motion mixes - and I love you.)

(love)

:kiss:

The track is Nine btw (track 7 on the album). And thanks for the props, this is probably my second favorite mix I've ever done, after Outpost 31.

The track is Nine btw (track 7 on the album). And thanks for the props, this is probably my second favorite mix I've ever done, after Outpost 31.

Mmm, I downloaded Outpost a while back, but for some reason it stopped at the 7 minute mark every time, did my nut in - the download supposedly completed as well. Don't suppose you have it anywhere I can download from at the moment do you?

Tell you what, my favourite mix of yours is Apocalypse Wow, that one is fucking sick. I kept wondering what a certain tune was, loved it so much, then realised I actually owned it but had never listened to it! It was Tan Sau, such an amazing tune. The one before that as well is quality.

Mmm, I downloaded Outpost a while back, but for some reason it stopped at the 7 minute mark every time, did my nut in - the download supposedly completed as well. Don't suppose you have it anywhere I can download from at the moment do you?

Tell you what, my favourite mix of yours is Apocalypse Wow, that one is fucking sick. I kept wondering what a certain tune was, loved it so much, then realised I actually owned it but had never listened to it! It was Tan Sau, such an amazing tune. The one before that as well is quality.

Oh, bummer about stopping at 7 minutes! I've still got a bunch of my mixes with tracklists in this thread: http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=26926&st=0

If you scroll own the first page there should be a post of mine with about 10 mixes and I believe all of the Mediafire links still work. The second and third pages I tried to keep updated with some of my newer mixes as well. Let me know if that still doesn't work and I'll sort it out.

Funny that you like Apocalypse Wow, that was such a throwback mix to a lot of stuff I was listening to in high school, more nostalgic for me than anything.

Archived