IGNORED

Answering the door in bare feet

Siegecow

Guest thanksomuch

i wear flip flops in my house. it think it is weird to answer the door bare foot. especially if you have pets cuz then if you like have a dog that like tries to dart out of the door and it actually gets out, you ganan run out of the house bare foot.

maybe am not making sence.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thanksomuch

there was a guy in my dorm every one called Big Dick Mike. he would answer the door nekkid. knowing this i brewed a nice cup of tea and knocked on his door. he was nekkid. i acted "surprised" and splashed the tea all over his man bits.

Guest beatfanatic
there was a guy in my dorm every one called Big Dick Mike. he would answer the door nekkid. knowing this i brewed a nice cup of tea and knocked on his door. he was nekkid. i acted "surprised" and splashed the tea all over his man bits.

did the dick live up to its name though??

Guest Iain C

I never have bare feet generally. My first act upon getting out of bed is to put pants and socks on. I sometimes go barefoot if the shoes and situation call for it - no need to wear socks with boat shoes, and bare feet with plimsols is a comfortable way to go in the summer - but it's always covered by shoes.

Also, I hate the feeling of denim especially but also other materials around my bare ankles. It just feels wrong.

it appauls me too

i say keep a pair of flip flops (not slippers) right by the door so you can throw them on for unexpected company.

WHAT HAPPENED TO TRADITION DAMNIT

i haven't worn 'flip flops' since i was 12, and don't intend to ever again for the rest of my life.

what if my tradition is to walk around the house barefoot?

Dont even think about wearing slippers. Thats a whole nother thread right there.

Guest taxman

the way my apartment is set up i have to go out my door and down some stairs to the front door which is always locked, so i put on shoes before going down to let someone in. when i lived in a house i would answer the door barefoot. i also walked around outside my house barefoot. it's very dirty here and i wouldn't attempt it now.

In seoul, bare feet all the time.

In Canada, slippers and or bare feet, but only because the floor of my house is cold as a mothafucker.

Yek, even when it's dry out, there's a no shoes policy in my house. How do you know you haven't just stepped where some dog pissed, or there's some gum on the bottom of your shoes.

In Korea - no shoes in houses period. Never. Maybe some crazy yankees.

i've answered the door in the past with a bath towel... i even went out to get the paper in a bath towel, then looked at my neighbor and said "sup!"

i basically constantly wear my shoes in my house, but my house is a tip. as soon as i walk into someone elses i am immediately compelled to take them off, in the same way that as soon as i sit in a car i have an immediate urge to put my seatbelt on.

what about if someone has stinking feet? you're a man of sport, chenGOD, i bet yr feet stink

I have this wonderful technological device called a shower. This combined with some kind of magikal potion named "soap" prevents my feet from stinking.

If someone's feet smell so bad that I can smell them while they're merely in the same room, I would bathe them as any good christian would.

Guest Abuse

wtf yo. i never wear socks at my home. but then again, i'm european.

do you ppl really wear shoes at your homes? i thought this was only in sitcoms and movies. why the fuck?

In seoul, bare feet all the time.

In Canada, slippers and or bare feet, but only because the floor of my house is cold as a mothafucker.

Yek, even when it's dry out, there's a no shoes policy in my house. How do you know you haven't just stepped where some dog pissed, or there's some gum on the bottom of your shoes.

In Korea - no shoes in houses period. Never. Maybe some crazy yankees.

at the moment i haven't worn my sandals outside the house. when i get berks i'll keep this pair for inside and use that pair for outside

Guest ms-dos

this is a ridiculous thing to give so much thought to and i think you're a bit neurotic or perhaps fake posting

i've answered the door in the past with a bath towel... i even went out to get the paper in a bath towel, then looked at my neighbor and said "sup!"

see, thats so casual it trancends the need for shoes. It bypasses the struggle for a common identity in a foreign encounter, everythings just out on the line like that! I bet most slaves answered the door in a bath towel in egyptian times. It doesnt have quite the same "readytogoness" as answering the door in raingear and a backpack, but it welcomes the guest in without implying the need for social formalities. It's very in the moment, zen!

Im sure in an asian or european country its different. I imagine in every japanese home right by the door there lies a small basin, mirror and clippers so one might ensure a certain standard of grooming in those you let in your home. Or in many europen countries ive been told that most all apartments encircle an open-air public bath which im sure eliminates (or at least greatly reduces) the number of encounters with shoe-sporting strangers (though im sure you might get a few cases of wet feet!)

Archived