IGNORED

zazen

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conor74

Read some paper lately. Had a pic from the film. Lead actress is blue. Blue!

Cock. For those who drool over Lord of the Rings and Mork and Mindy shit.

lol. Just watched that chase sequence. It's very, very good, definitely photoreal at times. Only real issues I had with it were the bamboo splinters looking unearthly, the thanator looking a bit plasticky, some floaty animation when the hero detaches from his backpack and falls to the ground, and some particles of water skittering around on the surface of the water like ball-bearings. Apart from that it's amazing.

have been rewatching this clip non-stop, it's really fucking impressive. Not just for the cg, but for Cameron's choices. Sure, we've seen the jump over the waterfall sequence a million times before. But I like the fact that he doesn't have the critter fall over the edge as well like a dumbshit, and I like that the hero guy tucks for impact before he goes into the water, unlike every other film where the person always flails all the way down. Really like the camera movement and editing too. I'm definitely interested enough to see it now.

have been rewatching this clip non-stop, it's really fucking impressive. Not just for the cg, but for Cameron's choices. Sure, we've seen the jump over the waterfall sequence a million times before. But I like the fact that he doesn't have the critter fall over the edge as well like a dumbshit, and I like that the hero guy tucks for impact before he goes into the water, unlike every other film where the person always flails all the way down. Really like the camera movement and editing too. I'm definitely interested enough to see it now.

Yeah i've been watching with different drukqs tracks over it for fun, pretty fucking crazy :crazy:

My word that chase scene clip really was ........ erm, a good resolution ? Sorry, that's the only thing interesting thing I can say about it :lol:

Don't apologize, you clearly suffer from the same medical problem that chris moss acid is currently struggling with. It's not your fault. I mean I could be wrong but early symptoms usually are "continuous obsession over topics/subjects the patient has little/no interest in" , "absurd delusional expectations" , and "an inability to be entertained or to feel joy."

Go see a doctor if these symptoms continue... I am no expert per se, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are diagnosed.

Do you get paid to defend Mr. Cameron or something ?! Out of interest and to get some perspective on this whole caboodle - What would say your top 5 films are (top 3 if you can't stretch that far...)?

Hell, I don't want to piss on your fire or anything, everyone's perfectly entitled to their opinions ! I just cant see this film as being anything more than a series of QTE style set pieces set in some Final Fantasy-esque universe. I like my sci-fi with a little more gravitas and story and a little less Peter Jackson-esque CGI fluff.

Do you get paid to defend Mr. Cameron or something ?! Out of interest and to get some perspective on this whole caboodle - What would say your top 5 films are (top 3 if you can't stretch that far...)?

Hell, I don't want to piss on your fire or anything, everyone's perfectly entitled to their opinions ! I just cant see this film as being anything more than a series of QTE style set pieces set in some Final Fantasy-esque universe. I like my sci-fi with a little more gravitas and story and a little less Peter Jackson-esque CGI fluff.

I certainly want this film to be successful, but no I am not on any sort of salary lol. I'm mostly having a bit of fun so don't take it personally, its more or less me just me finding ways to pass the time over this boring family turkey filled week.

Top 5 films is kind of hard for me because I have a fucking terrible memory so making lists is something I cringe at doing, cause I always forget stuff. Pretty much anything Kubrick has done I love, Tarantino is brilliant, Woody Allen, David Fincher, James Cameron, David Lynch, Hitchcock, Pixar Productions, and anything and everything Coen. Of course there a ton of films that I love that aren't produce by these film-makers, but those would be my favorite most consistent directors.

See this is the weird thing, you obviously have a darn good taste in films based on the directors you mentioned there and still like the look of Avatar- So why the bloody, gosh darn can't I ?!

Am I just getting too old and cynical for blockbuster special-effect fests now ?

My word that chase scene clip really was ........ erm, a good resolution ? Sorry, that's the only thing interesting thing I can say about it :lol:

Don't apologize, you clearly suffer from the same medical problem that chris moss acid is currently struggling with. It's not your fault. I mean I could be wrong but early symptoms usually are "continuous obsession over topics/subjects the patient has little/no interest in" , "absurd delusional expectations" , and "an inability to be entertained or to feel joy."

Go see a doctor if these symptoms continue... I am no expert per se, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are diagnosed.

Heh, you should take your own advice, you're getting absurd now.

See this is the weird thing, you obviously have a darn good taste in films based on the directors you mentioned there and still like the look of Avatar- So why the bloody, gosh darn can't I ?!

Am I just getting too old and cynical for blockbuster special-effect fests now ?

Thats kind of what I was getting at before... I mean I understand what your saying about wanting some gravitas in your Sci-Fi (2001 is my all time favorite movie)... but I know Cameron isn't Stanley Kubrick, and so my expectations are more on the special effects/ pure entertainment side of things. I honestly used to be very cynical of the hollywood styled films (still am, cause most of the suck hard)... but over the years I've come to appreciate the power of a really well done blockbuster film (Cameron being the master at it imo). Both Kubrick and Cameron have a special place inside my mind but for totally different reasons. You just need to accept this I think and enjoy it for what it is basically. Same logic can be placed on music such as Luke Vibert and Richard James. Yeah Richard really pushed things forward in a more abstract way, but sometimes I really just want to jam out to some good ole Vibert acid.

Heh, you should take your own advice, you're getting absurd now.

With that Star Wars avatar you've got there I can't help but be curious on what your thoughts are for the prequels... I've witnessed some Star Wars geeks on other message boards really hate on Avatar, and I can't help but be curious if the motivation behind this is fear of Cameron completely dumping on Lucas's recent offerings...

james-cameron.jpg

Don't be frightened, he's a fan just like you...

can everyone just stfu now, until theyve actually seen the movie? And I do mean everyone.

Impossible for me. It's on my mind way too much.

I had a dream last night for example that I was in some sort of weird futuristic house/theater facility for the premier of Avatar. A bunch of people I knew were there but I didn't care, I went straight to the front entrance of the theater in this dome spherical room where there were chairs and a que for the eventual line into the theater. I immediately grabbed a seat and began to wait. Then some pretty hot female theater employee came over to me and gave me my 3D glasses and asked "would you like to have your teeth fixed so you'll be able to speak the tongue of the alien species the Na'Vi?" I thought it sounded awesome so I said yes. She then took out what looked like a hole puncher/pliers made of stainless steel, and for each tooth she quickly clamped the tool together, it had this insane/terrible suction/crunchy feeling which hurt a shit load and was very annoying... I tried to get her to stop but she was so fucking fast that I didn't feel like I had any time to get a word in. The last tooth which was my back right molar, she accidently fucked up and removed about a few centimeters of the top of the tooth. So all I was left with was the base of the tooth near the gums. I was pretty upset as I looked at the piece of tooth in my hand (she left and didn't care)... and I then put it in my pocket and sat and waited while bleeding from my mouth.

I then woke up.

one of the things about this movie is that the ATLiens are blue, obv referring to picasso's blue period which quite honestly makes me wanna play guitar and you know what? i'm not going to apologize for that. zaphod can take his dick-sucking opinion about movies and suck its dick.

fred can fuck his deer-hunter stupid ass post your most top 10 drunk wow i peed my butt/tv/threw my control throw my gf's asshole and fuck his ass.

and awepittance can get fucked by the goddamned terrorist conspiracy twin towers, right in his girl ass butt. they'll blow smoke in his ass.

and lol alzado can come on in with his oh so controversial no homo/wait am i really homo threads. yeah, come on over ghey wad.

you know what? encey can come over too b/c he's a closet homo.

and troon, you know what, +1 my dick in your mom's eyeball, ok?

yegg, wow, why don't you post something soooo shocking????

hey abusivegeorge, feel like posting a lol? stupid drunkard.

gues what else? LUDD will post something like totally irreverent and fucking lolarious b/c he doesn't fuck around. oh wait, he does, b/c he's a srupid fuck.

hey kaen, why you break through the drywall surrounding your fucking vagina?

i have to admit here something about the monster looks like very poorly done CGI, super shiney like pre LOTR level monster effects. the avatar for jake looks 100x better than the thing chasing him. i think the footage overall looks fucking amazing but that monster brings it down a little bit

Archived