IGNORED

WTF am i going to do?

Chris Moss Acid

word.

also check out Arrested Development if you haven't.

Really hilarious comedy, only 3 seasons so its not a huge commitment, and the drama/character interaction/story arch is incredibly complex and fantastically written leaving you with a cliffhanger of some sort after each episode.

also, there's David Cross, which is a total selling point on its own

ad_tobias_blue_myself.jpg

yeh, i saw a topic on here saying it wasnt all it was cracked up to be...

i dont think twin peaks will be my thing, but i'll check out the first season after generation kill.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrcopyandpaste

im at season 3 disc 4 of battlestar galactica. i feel your pain man. Its like when you get one of those moments where you suddenly realise one day youre gonna die. but with episodes of a tv show.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

oh fren, i finished season 5 of the wire this week. i know exactly what you're going through. at the end you realize they really do wrap everything up.

the suggestions above are good. you can also try 'the corner' by the same guys that made the wire. alot of the same actors but in surprisingly reversed roles, eg daniels as a junkie. it's not as nuanced as the wire and some parts a little hammy, but a good complement to the other if you're a big fan.

i can't believe they got omar like that. motherfuckers.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i dont think twin peaks will be my thing, but i'll check out the first season after generation kill.

arrested is very good. ignore kokoon.

you haven't seen twin peaks? thats an obvious choice. do it. wonderful television. windham earl acid!

i'm guessing you've seen all the UK comedies like spaced etc?

Guest analogue wings
im at season 3 disc 4 of battlestar galactica. i feel your pain man. Its like when you get one of those moments where you suddenly realise one day youre gonna die. but with episodes of a tv show.

you THINK you're gonna be sad when bsg ends, but the last few episodes will cure you of that good n proper. sorry.

Guest maantecaaa!!!
word.

also check out Arrested Development if you haven't.

ad_tobias_blue_myself.jpg

PLEASE check it out.

i get easily bored by alot of things but arrested development seems like it actually gets better the more you watch the repeats. I didn't want to like it at first but by the 3rd episode i was hooked. so weird how an acquired taste usually is stronger in the long run than something you like right away.

Guest IRARI
Sopranos is the answer.

Im not going to get into the whole Wire vs Sopranos debate, but in my opinion Sopranos is still superior.

is the sopranos good all the way through? or does it start to drag in the later seasons

Guest spike

i am in the same situation, except that i stopped at the last episode of season four,, i still haven't seen it and i know it is gonna be sooooooo good, i just don't want it to end. grrrrrrr.. but next up are the corner,,,, thanks for the heads up on gen.kill and i never saw the twin peaks but now they are up online for free also,, i watched the first few episodes of 90210 for kicks,,,, i can't wait for curb to come back on the tves...

Guest Babar
i'd try 'breaking bad' but its not 5 seasons long sorry

then maybe 'king of queens'

breaking bad is definitively the best series i've ever seen in that each episode looks like a movie. I particularly enjoy the epiphany-like endings.

lol i didn't noticed your signature xxx. I'm also in lumpenprol's one in which i vent my feelings about american chicken. lol. i'm a winner. cliché, touché, coulé

Guest abusivegeorge

Curb your enthusiasm, Arrested Development and as Rubin Farr just mentioned, Dexter was fantastic I thought!

how could you think that?

battlestar galactica

sopranos

dexter is poo

oh yea, i saw an episode of Weeds recently. it was like Ugly Betty or something, total crap.

Guest Adjective

twin peaks before anything else and make sure you start with the pilot, close with twin peaks: fire walk with me

also arrested development is what its cracked up to be and more, tons of repeat value

curb your enthusiasm (limit 2 episodes per night)

deadwood is pretty good

six feet under is okay

Larry Sanders Show

add a dash of "Three Sheets" in there as well

i can buy a dvd boxed set here of all the Sopranos, for like 40 bucks or something. Is it really worth it? I've been hesitating for a while, I grab the box and then put it back.

For some reason I get the feeling it's too clever for its own good - like, "tee hee, see the crime boss has a shrink, lol, he's just like you and me - except he gets to enact your violent fantasies" - and what I heard about the ending just seemed pretentious. Am I way off base?

The Wire was great, all of it.

dexter is poo

wrong!

oh yea, i saw an episode of Weeds recently. it was like Ugly Betty or something, total crap.

right!

For some reason I get the feeling it's too clever for its own good - like, "tee hee, see the crime boss has a shrink, lol, he's just like you and me - except he gets to enact your violent fantasies" - and what I heard about the ending just seemed pretentious. Am I way off base?

yeah I can relate to this, the show definitely limped to the finish, the last season was incredibly weak imo

dude, I think that you should definatly watch twin peaks. Its all free streaming on CBS's website. At least watch the first 3 episodes and then decide if you want to see the rest, if not, watch a few more anyways, its really good, not at all what you think it will be like, mainly because there has never been anything like it, before or after, it really captures the themes of mystery and fantasy better than anything I really know.

arrested development - hilarious at times, love the characters

dexter - not the best thing on tv, but the main character is lovable and the story line is quite refreshing

the shield - not seen yet, but recommended as a quick fix replacement to the wire

generation kill - not seen yet but got it as it's written by david simon

the sopranos - fucking. brilliant. if i'd just finished the wire and hadn't seen the sopranos yet, i'd go for this. i fucking LOVED the wire, but sopranos is supreme.

the trailer park boys - not mention of this yet? the BEST comedy series on tv ever? yes i think so. fucking hilarious.

band of brothers - amazing ww2, but you've probably seen it

entourage - ARI GOLD, fantastic. funny show.

and oh yeah, twin peaks! need to find my flipping copy of season one again.

Archived