IGNORED

Plate and spring reverbs

Rbrmyofr

Guest Glass Plate

I created a reverb with a 8 ohm speaker in the bottom of a 2 liter bottle once with a microphone at the hole, was fun. Only made noisey stuff with the set up though, was a very very dirty signal the way I had it set up.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how cheap a chamber would be to build with an old shipping crate. Like those big crates used to ship cars and stuff on ships? You could tile the inside and get it nice and reverby

Guest Bramsworth

Have you tried this beast of a natural reverb: http://www.tank-fx.com/

I like sending random drones in there in the middle of the night to freak out some students.

sounds cool but it never goes past when I press "record" :/

• 1 month later...
Guest spraaaa

I wonder how cheap a chamber would be to build with an old shipping crate. Like those big crates used to ship cars and stuff on ships? You could tile the inside and get it nice and reverby

prolly about $10 more than buying the shipping crate? :tongue:

ooohhh you said tile the inside. why? it's already metal, it probably already sounds at least as good as dumpster reverb.

i use the "classic" shroeder reverb modeled in bidule, mammut and soundhack for convolution sounding stuff, and the default ableton reverb for tracks which need a lot of street cred.

people do. Like proper engineers making rock and roll stuff. The "sound" of the room is really important to them. Not just any room will do for these dudes

why does no one use Reverbs like in the style of how GX1 solo by the Tuss was recorded, meaning using the natural reverb of a room and recording the speakers with a high quality microphone

i do it sometimes with my guitar, though i prefer artificial reverb most of the time. i like my reverbs to be a big cake of sound!

people do. Like proper engineers making rock and roll stuff. The "sound" of the room is really important to them. Not just any room will do for these dudes

mostly though it's only used for things like guitar cabinets or Leslie's when were talking recording speaker elements with microphones.

So can you use these spring reverb units with any amp? I've got an old amp that someone built himself, not sure if it's a tube amp, but can I just hook it up to a spring reverb that has RCA in and outs? I've spotted one on ebay.

So can you use these spring reverb units with any amp? I've got an old amp that someone built himself, not sure if it's a tube amp, but can I just hook it up to a spring reverb that has RCA in and outs? I've spotted one on ebay.

yep, that should work. the other guys in my surf band have dedicated spring reverb boxes that are completely standalone, and can be used with anything really.

prolly about $10 more than buying the shipping crate? :tongue:

ooohhh you said tile the inside. why? it's already metal, it probably already sounds at least as good as dumpster reverb.

i use the "classic" shroeder reverb modeled in bidule, mammut and soundhack for convolution sounding stuff, and the default ableton reverb for tracks which need a lot of street cred.

Cause surfaces change the sound totally. Why go for a dumpster reverb when you could get a nice bright cbs studio tiled reverb? Its probably best just to make my bathroom a reverb chamber like they did in the 50's.

Archived