IGNORED

Speed Demos

encey

there was a zelda:LTTP one i saw which took advantage of the fact that a room very near the start of the game is adjacent to the final room in the game, and the fact that if you hold up+down at the same time you can walk through walls. obviously this can be emulated, but it works with a real controller if you open it up as well.

speeddemosarchive.com is like my favorite site. I'll take this opportunity to plug my own speed run, which is on their site:

Battletoads (without warping)

Holy shit, dude! How many hours did you put into that thing? The work on the third level is masterful. Jesus Christ.

I used to be able to beat the Genesis version of Beavis and Butthead in about 18 minutes. I can still beat Mega Man 2 in about 40.

i love watching doom/quake/other fps speedruns, for a while i was pretty good at speedrunning certain doom2 levels. could never do the whole game though!

anybody read the FF8 thread on the SDA forums? huge bl to to that guy..almost a 9 hour run that couldn't be accepted because one of his segments got recorded over or something.

speeddemosarchive.com is like my favorite site. I'll take this opportunity to plug my own speed run, which is on their site:

Battletoads (without warping)

Holy shit, dude! How many hours did you put into that thing? The work on the third level is masterful. Jesus Christ.

Thanks! I put quite a bit of hours into it.....but to be honest, my main motivation was to complete the game without dying (which I still haven't done...) . I used all the skill I'd acquired from that though to slaughter the then-current speedrun records for battletoads within 4 weeks or so once I actually started playing fast....

Check this out, by complete coincidence, an article about speedrunning was featured today in The Escapist Magazine featuring loads of chaps from SDA (including me!)...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...of-Speedrunning

Archived