IGNORED

Michael Jackson - Sonic the Hedgehog 3

awepittance

Guest tibbar

my fav sonic related track ever is cEvin Key (of Skinny Puppy) doing the knuckles theme song remix "Unknown from M.E." on the sonic adventure remix compilation (which later went on to become "Tatayama" on his excellent 'The Ghost of Each Room' CD.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roms definitely dont work like that

Well... I just thought... since the Sega CD (which is pretty much the same as the Genesis/Megadrive) runs the music from wav files (well... the emulator does) I thought maybe it'd be possible.

But the truth is... I probably got a bit too excited and posted that without thinking... and... well... you see... umm....

YOUR FACE IS A ROM!

*runs away*

my fav sonic related track ever is cEvin Key (of Skinny Puppy) doing the knuckles theme song remix "Unknown from M.E." on the sonic adventure remix compilation (which later went on to become "Tatayama" on his excellent 'The Ghost of Each Room' CD.

sounds great, i will have to track that down

5 hours till my flight!

i remember watching some videos about this a couple of years ago, i'm a believer. some of the songs are uncanny. especially the carnival night zone music!

Guest Coalbucket PI

I dont really her the similarity in the Azure Lake/Black & White one. But they obviously used his soundtrack to some extent, don't know why they won't fess up now.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

bullshit! well done for half fitting the lyrics on top of sonic music

really you should make mp3s with 30secs of sonic 30 secs of mj for compare.

yeah i don't think awepittance's mashups were good examples, the pitches are still different. but the ones in one of the youtube videos posted in this thread are pretty good!

Guest my usernames always really suck

coincidentally fitting mashups = proof that artist from song #2 wrote song #1

[youtubehd]wXzg0D-cKds[/youtubehd]

Guest Iain C

There's a tune on Streets of Rage 2 (I think) which always reminded me of Move Any Mountain by the Shamen. But now I'm not sure if I'm imagining it.

bullshit! well done for half fitting the lyrics on top of sonic music

really you should make mp3s with 30secs of sonic 30 secs of mj for compare.

yeah if you watch some of the youtube videos you will see this has already been done by others already. my goal was not to help prove this, because i already obviously believe it myself it was to lay back over the MJ vocals over their original instrumental counterparts for listening pleasure. Its actually a lot easier to hear how for example Icecap zone is 'Who is it' if you hear both songs back to back VS my mashup.

yeah if you watch some of the youtube videos you will see this has already been done by others already. my goal was not to help prove this, because i already obviously believe it myself it was to lay back over the MJ vocals over their original instrumental counterparts for listening pleasure. Its actually a lot easier to hear how for example Icecap zone is 'Who is it' if you hear both songs back to back VS my mashup.

where did you get the acapellas?

Guest Saskrotch

Well... I just thought... since the Sega CD (which is pretty much the same as the Genesis/Megadrive) runs the music from wav files (well... the emulator does) I thought maybe it'd be possible.

But the truth is... I probably got a bit too excited and posted that without thinking... and... well... you see... umm....

YOUR FACE IS A ROM!

*runs away*

nooooo the genesis/mega drive sound chip i believe is made up of 6 channels of fm synthesis and 4 channels of pcm sample playback. there definitely arent wav files on those old carts.

where did you get the acapellas?

i got them from lots of patience sitting on soulseek typing in the song names i was looking for + acapella. eventually i found all the ones i was looking for

i have so many now i think i'm going to make some weird abstract michael jackson voice only music in the style of my Brian Wilson remix from the 2nd remix competition on watmm.

some guy posted a comment on my blog saying that only 'stranger in moscow' was released AFTER sonic 3. I checked and he was right, but it doesn't totally dismiss the idea that the stuff worked on for sonic 3 was done a long while before the game actually came out (especially if MJ was fired halfway through it would have delayed the release of the game)

this is cool, but yeeeeeesh that black or white one's keys are well mismatched

this is true, but for now enjoy Who is It and Remember the Time , those are in the proper key. Who is it is especially pleasurable for me because i think the Sonic 3 music works much better than the music made for the actual track on Dangerous....i will fix black and white and the others when i get back from my honeymoon ;)

edit: its hard to tell if Jam is in the right key since its more of a rap type song, but i think it works pretty well

Archived