IGNORED

WATMM Skin Requests and Issues

Joyrex

Guest Adjective

would it be possible to have something in that skin selector box where we could select a theme locally? if that were possible i think it would be easy for people to make and test their own.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would it be possible to have something in that skin selector box where we could select a theme locally? if that were possible i think it would be easy for people to make and test their own.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that - I really can't say what the 'best' approach on making a IPB skin is at the moment, because they've changed it so much... I guess you could save the page out and edit it locally, then go back and figure out how to apply everything to a new skin...

I haven't fired up this forum in CSSEdit on the Mac yet - it's got a really robust CSS editing feature (realtime).

Guest chax

is there any way to change everything back to how it was? i was gone for like a month and come back with everything different..it's tripping me out

is there any way to change everything back to how it was? i was gone for like a month and come back with everything different..it's tripping me out

LOL, no - this was an upgrade to the forum software, in which the company decided to roll out an improved skin. Sure, it will take some getting used to, and eventually we'll have our own custom skin, so all I can say is learn to embrace change.

everyone always complains when a new version of the forum comes out. then they get used to it and wonder how they ever did without the amazing new version of the ignore feature where it almost looks like the ignored user didn't post at all, how wonderful!

I'd also like a much darker colour scheme for the forum. The bright white kills your eyes after a while.

Guest tidbit

i dont like the info area on the left... centered (ugh), and all that useless information (ie. country/location, gender/interests & handles etc.) there.. (which are much more suited in the profile page than here) ..

amongst other things

how can we go about making new skins?

I've addressed this in other threads... if you'd like to take a stab at making a new skin, take a look here to get started, and keep in mind this is the 3.x.x version of the forums, so anything pertaining to 2.3.x or earlier is not applicable.

Also, here's the GDK for the 3.x version of the board - the only thing it does NOT include are the silk icons, which can be found here.

ipb3_gdk_v1.zip

Guest blicero

I just opened a spoiler with a giant cock in it at work because the active content screen didn't show the thread subtitle "(a bit nsfw)". FIX THIS!

FIX THE FUCKING ACTIVE CONTENT SCREEN

I just opened a spoiler with a giant cock in it at work because the active content screen didn't show the thread subtitle "(a bit nsfw)". FIX THIS!

FIX THE FUCKING ACTIVE CONTENT SCREEN

The 3.0.1 update does, and as soon as it comes out I will apply it. Please don't be childish though posting the same phrase over and over.

I've just noticed a bug - for some reason this guy's post seems to break the forth wall, well the right hand wall of the forum frame anyway ! - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/47031-quaristice-only-one-complaint/page__view__findpost__p__1085015 (it certainly does in the narrow version of the skin)

Guest Enter a new display name

i cant see any picture posted in the funniest quotes thread. and in spoilers.

I can't see any picture posted prior to July 14th or something. All I see are URLs with a space in it that prevents them from displaying the pictures.

I've just noticed a bug - for some reason this guy's post seems to break the forth wall, well the right hand wall of the forum frame anyway ! - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/47031-quaristice-only-one-complaint/page__view__findpost__p__1085015 (it certainly does in the narrow version of the skin)

I've seen that a few times as well - I might try putting {overflow: auto;} on the content containers so a scrollbar (urg) would show up when posts are made like that - it's due to the table-less design of the new forum...

I can't see any picture posted prior to July 14th or something. All I see are URLs with a space in it that prevents them from displaying the pictures.

Can you two let me which browser/OS you're on, and perhaps provide screenshots of what you're seeing? Also, try clearing your caches to see if that rectifies the problem.

Guest elliotjking

same problem

firefox on windows xp

Can you two let me which browser/OS you're on, and perhaps provide screenshots of what you're seeing? Also, try clearing your caches to see if that rectifies the problem.

post-6055-12478435029843_thumb.jpg

same problem

firefox on windows xp

borken.JPG

Yeah, I see it too in the Funny Quotes thread - I'll try rebuilding the image caches and see if that resolves it.

same problem

firefox on windows xp

borken.JPG

Oh, nevermind - it appears that attached images, when quoted, don't show up as thumbnails - I don't know if that's a new 'feature' or not, but I'll see if I can turn it back on so images show, or if it's a known bug.

Yeah, I see it too in the Funny Quotes thread - I'll try rebuilding the image caches and see if that resolves it.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

in the upper right corner below my name there's a box with links to my profile, my settings, etc. how do I collapse/get rid of this box?

Why are there far fewer threads on any of the page 1 (gb or any subforum for the matter) than there used to be? The no. threads per page was perfect the way it was before, in that those threads pushed down to the near-certain death of a page 2 normally deserved it due to lack of interest/tits/asses/etc.

i'd love to see a last.fm plugin for watmm that takes your currently playing track and appends it somehow to each post, ie. eliminating the need for a 'now playing' thread.

.. and i don't mean putting a last.fm chart in a signature, this is different - it would show what was playing at the time of the post. uh?

Why are there far fewer threads on any of the page 1 (gb or any subforum for the matter) than there used to be? The no. threads per page was perfect the way it was before, in that those threads pushed down to the near-certain death of a page 2 normally deserved it due to lack of interest/tits/asses/etc.

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=forums

"Number of topics to show for each forum page"

is mid phase a shit hosting service? because watmm has been cut out a lot

No, and actually, it hasn't been "cut out a lot" (I get weekly reports from a 3rd party monitoring company proving otherwise), more likely your pipeline to the servers was. The recent suspension was most likely due to the upgrade, as there was a CPU spike and they suspended it to avoid compromising the server and the other sites hosted on it.

in the upper right corner below my name there's a box with links to my profile, my settings, etc. how do I collapse/get rid of this box?

If this is staying open all the time for you, you're probably not using Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari, and are probably using IE6 or lower. Upgrade to a more compliant browser. If this is not the case, please provide a screenshot. It could be possible if you're using Firefox and NoScript, you might be blocking the JavaScript that runs a lot of the menus and stuff on the forum - make an exception for WATMM in NoScript to solve this.

Chaosmachine and I decided to reduce load time and any potential further CPU spikes, we reduced the topics per page on the index as well as the posts per page in threads.

Archived