IGNORED

Obama

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Guest Wall Bird

Can we start talking, now, about how the Obama administration has done almost nothing resembling a progressive campaign?

Can we start talking, now, about how the Obama administration has done almost nothing resembling a progressive campaign?

lol@people thinking obama would be different from previous presidents (granted, it was progress that a black man got voted in). with the arcane two party system you will always get a president that falls somewhere between the center and the right.

he really wants change but he's up against massive powers, not to mention the fickle public and its incredible impatience.

he really wants change? what makes you think that? his campaign rhetoric claimed he wanted change, but even before he won he gave himself enough wiggle room in his wording on important issues. he is an amazingly skillful politician. For me real change would be stopping indefinite detention of 'enemy combatants' , putting people in legal limbo so that they can never have a fair trial to prove their innocence. I am personally a believer that almost nobody at guantanamo should be kept there or anywhere else where illegal activities can take place, but apparently Obama just wanted to close the location Guantanamo but still do the same things to the prisoners in other CIA black sites. They should be treated at worst like a prisoner of war (even though i still think the majority were rounded up with no provocation)

He is doing a surge in Afghanistan and we are never pulling out of IRaq in the foreseeable future. i'm sorry but that is not change. Continuing Bush policies under a different brand name does not mean anything has changed except the face of the administration.

see some of my previous Obama threads :D

i just googled "obama" to find a photo illustrating the purple/blue lip tinge. i got nothing.

it would appear obama does not have the lips of a cold man. i'm chatting waff!

Guest ezkerraldean

No doubt. I wonder what would happen if Obama had done something like Berlusconi actually did

or

god i love berlusconi

Archived