IGNORED

Windowlicker: The End of An Era

Joyrex

Anyone who's read this forum for a while knows that the reason Richard got all quiet after Drukqs was because of how soul destroyed he was at Joyrex's two perfectly chosen word review of the album.

Since then his confidence was shattered and he retreated back to his vault to compose music on his old analogue gear while crying into his cider.

hehehehe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

it's just a fucking title, man this "omg he named it Drukqs like drugs" has been on for like a almost a goddamn decade now.

FFS... :stuart:

you're missing the point

Guest tv_party

I'd say drukqs comes from the german word for print.

I thought it came from the english word for drugs. I wager most english speakers presume the same.

I just think that's too obvious.

btw what is the cover picture? inside of a piano?

Guest hahathhat

I thought it came from the english word for drugs. I wager most english speakers presume the same.

Not everyone's mind short-circuits the obvious and immediately leaps to deep artistic interpretations like yours

Guest tv_party

Not everyone's mind short-circuits the obvious and immediately leaps to deep artistic interpretations like yours

You flatter me sir. I've simply encountered the word druck knowing some germans, and noted how similar it was to the album title in question. Also the cover gave me an initial impression of some printing device though upon closer inspection it's probably the inside of a piano. Not much of a leap at all really. I'm surprised at your apparent resistance to the possibility.

http://www.dict.cc/german-english/Druck.html

Guest hahathhat

i don't give a shit about what he actually meant you dumbass -- my point is, you can't go "HI I'D LIKE YOU TO HEAR MY NEW VERY SERIOUS ALBUM CALLED 'DRUGS'" and expect people to take you seriously. the only "serious" reason i can think of to do that is to scare off everyone except "true fans" e.g. people that wank all over everything he releases without critical thinking getting in the way

Guest tv_party

i don't give a shit about what he actually meant you dumbass -- my point is, you can't go "HI I'D LIKE YOU TO HEAR MY NEW VERY SERIOUS ALBUM CALLED 'DRUGS'" and expect people to take you seriously. the only "serious" reason i can think of to do that is to scare off everyone except "true fans" e.g. people that wank all over everything he releases without critical thinking getting in the way

lol somebody take your lunch money again?

flimsy. for someone who likes to make cash that wouldn't make much sense at all. oh sorry bud that's some critical thinking.

nobody gives a fuck about the connection to an album title that, if you exchange a few letters, will change meaning and become something that other people might go "omg it's drugs! it can't be seirous". It's non-sense.

get this out of your head now

the music on drukqs is nice. i forgot what huge balls omgyja swtch7 had till yesterday.

not only that, but when the high melody comes in a bit later..... fucking creams me.....

I would argue that Gantz Graf is a great electronic music video, and that came out in 2002 to Windowlicker's 1999.

It was interesting, but unfortunately was paired with one of Autechre's most souless, beatless tracks they've ever made, so it ended up looking like some demoscene video. No offense to Alex Rutterford's brilliant visuals, however.

Sorry I'm not going to read the rest of the thread apart from the first few posts..

I have and never will be a fan of Windowlicker - Aphex at his lowest point IMO and probably the reason he has not really gone back to mainstream. In all honesty does anyone really give two fucks about music videos these days?

Guest theSun

I would argue that Gantz Graf is a great electronic music video, and that came out in 2002 to Windowlicker's 1999.

It was interesting, but unfortunately was paired with one of Autechre's most souless, beatless tracks they've ever made, so it ended up looking like some demoscene video. No offense to Alex Rutterford's brilliant visuals, however.

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS?

wat

It's not his fault he doesn't get it.

We're on a higher plane.

Our lights are on and we're also at home.

Archived