IGNORED

neil young sub forum petition

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i don't actually want a subforum. just appreciation and recommendation

i've got 3 neil young albums

-harvest (love it. a little over produced (stringy) maybe.)

-after the gold rush (southern man is the best track ever?)

-sleeps with angels (piece of crap! change your mind! )

and the unplugged album too

been listening to them (most after the gold rush) alot recently. needing some more. recommend please essential albums

he just released just 20 disc boxset or something didnt he? anyone get it?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

they're both from the 70's. on the beach was out of print for a ridiculous amount of time.

Anyway, giving you an opinion on Neil' albums depends if you prefer his acoustic or electric presence.

Give him an acoustic he's doing angelic and melancholic tunes, give him Old Black (the name of his guitar) and he's a crazy motherfucking devil with crunchy riffs and bizarre solos.

If you like Hawks and Doves, try to find out the "Chrome Dreams" bootleg. This is where most of the material from that album came from. Half of H&D are material from the entire 70's.

Chrome Dreams is not just a normal bootleg, it's a completely unreleased album by Neil Young. Some of those songs ended up on other albums too, but he's like that. He records complete albums and completely ignores them (Homegrown, Chrome Dreams, Human Highway, Toast, Times Square, etc..). Toast is rumored to be released by the end of this year, it was made a decade ago.

That's the 1992 WTTW Studio broadcast session. There's a complete bootleg available of it. It's great, even superior to Unplugged imho.

I love how he can do Harvest Moon, then a couple of months later does stuff like this :

[youtubehd]N02htb6UMl4[/youtubehd]

Ah fuck it trying to make this board work. I'm using youtubehd in brackets, what's wrong. Just go jhere http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02htb6UMl4

Guest zaphod

i swear he does a version of it from saturday night live that's very similar. i'll have to find the bootleg you're talking about though, because that's by far my fave version of the song, much better than the album version which i feel is overproduced.

someone said to me the other day that everything sonic youth ever did was already done years ago by neil young.

I love Neil Young so much.

I got to see him on his '91 tour "Weld" with Sonic Youth opening. That was fucking mental..all the hippies in the audience hated SY, and they were so happy when Neil came on, and then he starts blasting them with the weld set.

This version of "Hey Hey, My My" from the 2001 Fuji Festival is pretty much on point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYV6PAckr5w

but then of course, this version of "the needle and the damage done" is pretty much on point as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0t0EW6z8a0

Archived