IGNORED

XBox 360 is of a good price

Blir

just grabbed a brand new elite for $235 out the door, online, after bing cashback... I'm a happy camper.

That's a good deal - as expected, Microsoft has lowered the price of the 360 to match the new lower price of the PS3, so now there's really nothing stopping anyone (well, except money, lol) from going out and getting the console they prefer, since they are basically the same price*

*of course, with the 360, if you want WiFi and a HD larger than the stock 80GB some come with, you'll have to spend upwards of another 200USD to achieve that :wink:

not to mention that you can go online for free with a ps3

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just grabbed a brand new elite for $235 out the door, online, after bing cashback... I'm a happy camper.

That's a good deal - as expected, Microsoft has lowered the price of the 360 to match the new lower price of the PS3, so now there's really nothing stopping anyone (well, except money, lol) from going out and getting the console they prefer, since they are basically the same price*

*of course, with the 360, if you want WiFi and a HD larger than the stock 80GB some come with, you'll have to spend upwards of another 200USD to achieve that :wink:

Elite has 120GB hdd and I dont see myself ever filling that, even with the 60GB HDD with the pro. Plus wifi is for noobs. I got it because the only games i'll play on it, Fight Night 4 and Skate 2, play like shit on the ps3.

Elite has 120GB hdd and I dont see myself ever filling that, even with the 60GB HDD with the pro. Plus wifi is for noobs. I got it because the only games i'll play on it, Fight Night 4 and Skate 2, play like shit on the ps3.

So you bought it for essentially two games? I doubt that... and you WILL fill up the 60GB, let alone the 120GB - if you don't delete stuff that is, but eventually all the games and demos you download will take up that space.

WiFi is for noobs? How so? Tripping over a cat-5 cable in your hallway if you apartment/house isn't already wired for it is for noobs.

And you know that Fight Night and Skate 2 play like shit on PS3? You tried them extensively on a PS3 before making that determination? Read that somewhere?

Guest my usernames always really suck
WiFi is for noobs? How so? Tripping over a cat-5 cable in your hallway if you apartment/house isn't already wired for it is for noobs.

I have cables all over my apartment floors and I've never tripped over any of them in the two years I've lived here.

I think you're just a clumsy grandpa.

I have cables all over my apartment floors and I've never tripped over any of them in the two years I've lived here.

:lol:

GIT AUF MAH FORRUM U DAMN KIDS

So you bought it for essentially two games? I doubt that... and you WILL fill up the 60GB, let alone the 120GB - if you don't delete stuff that is, but eventually all the games and demos you download will take up that space.

And you know that Fight Night and Skate 2 play like shit on PS3? You tried them extensively on a PS3 before making that determination? Read that somewhere?

lol here we go...

I have played both games on both systems. Skate 2 had significant frame loss and the controls were meh and same went for FN4 (at least when I played it at best buy when it first came out, maybe they fixed things, regardless I don;t dig the analogue sticks)... and after owning the original pro xbox 360 with the 20gb hard drive for almost 3 years I didn't come close to filling it up.

My apartment has data throughout and even if it didnt routing cable isn't such a disaster so no need to joyrex-rig a network and have wires and sony indorcment checks getting in the way of every step takin' forward.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have had my 360 for about a week now and it's been genial. I was lucky to find that it was built with a jasper board so RROD should not be an issue. My only gripe had to be when I de-clothed it of it's packaging, no HDMI cable was to be found, hell not even a composite cable. I did, however, find that meager component cable which now resides in the corner of my room with a week old shit sitting on top of it. I guess the bastards X'd it to help cover the cost for the price drop... no big deal though, HDMI cables can be had for next to nothin' nowadays.

My games play like they should. After investigating the interface for a while I found the "Save to Harddrive" option which allows you to cache your games datafiles on the hard drive rather than read them off the DVD. This turned the audacious beast into a humble giant now that it's fan dB is that off my home computer. It also sped up loading times quite noticeably and increased game performance.

I am happy all in all.

not to mention ive had my xbox for nearly a year to the day and ive got a lot of games and i still havnt used up all my 60gb hard drive and i have them all mashed onto my hd for; as you say the quicker loading times and silent machine.

didnt your xbox come with a composite cable? where you can switch between sd and hd

Xbox_360_cable_avance.jpg

Mine is black.

Although I agree almost entirely with the 360 controller being superior, the joysticks on the 360 are placed perfectly, BUT: I will concede that the Ps2/3 Joystick pads feel like wonderful sex to the thumbs. Like the lips of some super hot slut. Conversely, the 360 joystick pads are concave and tend to cause a bit of irritation to the thumbs after prolonged use.

That being said I still prefer the 360 controller. PS3 is set up way too mechanically/mathematically sound which does not bode well for organic beings.

The PS2 controller isn't ergonomic at all.. I've been playing alot of it recently and the D-pad gets you instant RSI, while the sticks are horribly inaccurate and you slip off of them easily. I used to love the Dual Shock controllers, but these days they've really come a long way with ergonomic gamepads. I remember when me and a buddy played GTAIV at release on the 360 for 24 hours straight, no thumb/digit stress at all.

Have you ever tried a game that isn't Wii Sports or Guitar Hero on the Wii? Like, any shooter, FIFA/PES or fighting game? It's fucking ridiculous.

nope... just a single, heartless component cable... sad really being that it is an "elite".

My package looked identical to this:

xbox-360-elite-1.jpg

before the price drop came out and even before the 60gb xboxes one of the main reasosn to get a elite was it came with a hdmi cable. strange they didnt include one. my package was the same as your but a 60gb white one. i didnt get a hd tv untill 3 months after i got the xbox, so i just used the conponant in sd

[quote name='chris moss acid' date='15 September 2009 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1253066358' didnt

same as your

didnt

conponant

amused4.jpg

(New Reply) holy fucking balls what just happened to my post

someone else post something, something weird is going on. the entire thread except for your own post ends up in that little quote box

well now it's not doing it

nope... just a single, heartless component cable... sad really being that it is an "elite".

xbox-360-elite-1.jpg

That's a COMPOSITE, not COMPONENT cable - component has the Red Green and Blue RCA jacks for better video separation. I find it hard to believe that Sony or Microsoft think including a crappy non-HD cable is acceptable for an HD console. I'd rather they not include anything and let the consumer decide what connection is best.

Have you ever tried a game that isn't Wii Sports or Guitar Hero on the Wii? Like, any shooter, FIFA/PES or fighting game? It's fucking ridiculous.

Well, considering that Wii Sports doesn't use WiFi for anything, and since I really don't play the Wii in our house (and certainly not online - I think the only online games we have for it are Smash Brothers Brawl and Animal Crossing), I'd say that has more to do with Nintendo's poor online infrastructure. I recall my son not having too many problems with Smash Brothers playing against his friends, and as for PS3 and WiFi, I have yet to see any network issues that were not a result of the game (the recent King of Fighters game comes to mind, although they have patched that). FIFA 09 was/is flawless online, as is Burnout Paradise, CoD4, Killzone 2, etc.

You seem to be the victim of ignorance just like most people about WiFi - an 802.11G connection is 56-102 megabits per second - that's 7-13 megabytes per second, far faster than most people's cable/dsl connections. To assume you are going to get less performance over WiFi than a wired connection is just silly.

So they just announced a 250gb Modern Warfare 2 Xbox360... fuck. The disc drive on my current is a bit fucked so I would buy it if it wasn't because the MW2 console was butt ugly.

That system looks really nice, I think - too bad the 250GB HDD will only be available with that set, and not sold separately. I don't understand why a 3rd party HDD manufacturer can't come out with a case that will accept any laptop HDD (like how Sony allows you to swap out the PS3 HDD) - is it encrypted in some way, and wouldn't that not be a problem as long as the 360 can format a drive so it is encrypted?

That's a COMPOSITE, not COMPONENT cable - component has the Red Green and Blue RCA jacks for better video separation. I find it hard to believe that Sony or Microsoft think including a crappy non-HD cable is acceptable for an HD console. I'd rather they not include anything and let the consumer decide what connection is best.

Damn dyslexia.... any who I concur.

That system looks really nice, I think - too bad the 250GB HDD will only be available with that set, and not sold separately. I don't understand why a 3rd party HDD manufacturer can't come out with a case that will accept any laptop HDD (like how Sony allows you to swap out the PS3 HDD) - is it encrypted in some way, and wouldn't that not be a problem as long as the 360 can format a drive so it is encrypted?

There is a mod out there that allows you to use any Western Digital laptop SATA drive in your 360. All you do is format it on your PC, with the prescribed program, then replace it with your old drive. You'll be limited by what your Xbox says is it's max limit for hdd memory, which should be 250GB.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEyAZlukkkkGLVUagB.php

xbox-360-elite-1.jpg

your mistaken, the xbox360 component has HD you just switch it to HD via a switch (and it came with every 360 apart from the Elite which comes with hdmi cable by default)..oh and the component cable is almost identical to a hdmi cable.

believe.

xbox-360-elite-1.jpg

your mistaken, the xbox360 component has HD you just switch it to HD via a switch (and it came with every 360 apart from the Elite which comes with hdmi cable by default)..oh and the component cable is almost identical to a hdmi cable.

believe.

false.

1) the cable pictured is in fact a COMPOSITE cable (yellow) with a stereo audio pair (red + white).

2) the 360 used to come with a combined composite/component cable, with an HD switch as you described.

3) this is no longer the case. the new elites (which he bought) do not come with a composite nor an HDMI cable, as a means of keeping the price down.

Archived