IGNORED

XBox 360 is of a good price

Blir

nope... just a single, heartless component cable... sad really being that it is an "elite".

My package looked identical to this:

xbox-360-elite-1.jpg

That's a COMPOSITE, not COMPONENT cable - component has the Red Green and Blue RCA jacks for better video separation. I find it hard to believe that Sony or Microsoft think including a crappy non-HD cable is acceptable for an HD console. I'd rather they not include anything and let the consumer decide what connection is best.

your mistaken, the xbox360 component has HD you just switch it to HD via a switch (and it came with every 360 apart from the Elite which comes with hdmi cable by default)..oh and the component cable is almost identical to a hdmi cable.

believe.

But not in that picture... and how is a component "almost identical" to an HDMI cable? I personally can see the difference if you're talking about output...

both have katamary now , so they both win. I wish they made one for WII.

Yes, but the 360 version wasn't well received, and so far (until reviews come out) it appears the PS3 version will be superior.

nope... just a single, heartless component cable... sad really being that it is an "elite".

My package looked identical to this:

xbox-360-elite-1.jpg

That's a COMPOSITE, not COMPONENT cable - component has the Red Green and Blue RCA jacks for better video separation. I find it hard to believe that Sony or Microsoft think including a crappy non-HD cable is acceptable for an HD console. I'd rather they not include anything and let the consumer decide what connection is best.

your mistaken, the xbox360 component has HD you just switch it to HD via a switch (and it came with every 360 apart from the Elite which comes with hdmi cable by default)..oh and the component cable is almost identical to a hdmi cable.

believe.

false.

1) the cable pictured is in fact a COMPOSITE cable (yellow) with a stereo audio pair (red + white).

2) the 360 used to come with a combined composite/component cable, with an HD switch as you described.

3) this is no longer the case. the new elites (which he bought) do not come with a composite nor an HDMI cable, as a means of keeping the price down.

haha, pwn.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hdmi cable that came in the box was absolute shit. Do the smart thing and buy a good quality brand cable, it makes a difference.

Do you mean in terms of build quality, or signal display? Reason being is, HDMI is a digital, not analogue signal, and shouldn't be affected by cable shielding, thickness of wire, etc.

The hdmi cable that came in the box was absolute shit. Do the smart thing and buy a good quality brand cable, it makes a difference.

Do you mean in terms of build quality, or signal display? Reason being is, HDMI is a digital, not analogue signal, and shouldn't be affected by cable shielding, thickness of wire, etc.

...but that won't stop the asshole at BestBuy from insisting that you need to drop $100 on a Monster HDMI cable. ha

I'm still really enjoying my Xbox 260 guys. I've recently played a game called "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" that I downloaded from the arcade and it gets several thumbs up from me.

true, which is why i use XLR cables for AES, composite/rca cables for SPIDIF and they work perfectly fine

Guest hahathhat

i love my xbox. however, once, i heard the sweet knock of the chinese delivery gentleman at the door, and in my zeal to answer his call i jostled the xbox. my GTA disc wobble wobble, scratchy, no more GTA. i nervously brought the disk back to gamestop, figuring they'd tell me i was SOL... but, they seemed positively beside themselves with glee. "circle of death!! circle of death!!" they said to each other with much delight. they gave me a new disc for free. in conclusion: baffled, but very satisfied xbox customer.

i love my xbox. however, once, i heard the sweet knock of the chinese delivery gentleman at the door, and in my zeal to answer his call i jostled the xbox. my GTA disc wobble wobble, scratchy, no more GTA. i nervously brought the disk back to gamestop, figuring they'd tell me i was SOL... but, they seemed positively beside themselves with glee. "circle of death!! circle of death!!" they said to each other with much delight. they gave me a new disc for free. in conclusion: baffled, but very satisfied xbox customer.

Probably because they can resurface it and sell it used and make twice as much money from it.

Guest hahathhat

Probably because they can resurface it and sell it used and make twice as much money from it.

they gave me a new disk for free, i fail to see how they profit from such a practice?? my copy was used in the first place.....

they gave me a new disk for free, i fail to see how they profit from such a practice?? my copy was used in the first place.....

We had to do this with our copy of Elder Scrolls IV.  We bought it used, and it was one of the very first copies, too, rated T instead of M, but the scratches made the disc "unreadable" at least twice every day, but we ended up with the Game of the Year version for half the price.  Now I have an extra map with the Shivering Isles.   :spiteful:

Guest hahathhat

We had to do this with our copy of Elder Scrolls IV. We bought it used, and it was one of the very first copies, too, rated T instead of M, but the scratches made the disc "unreadable" at least twice every day, but we ended up with the Game of the Year version for half the price. Now I have an extra map with the Shivering Isles. :spiteful:

conclusion: gamestop has surprised me. i fully expected them to be awful, but they don't seem to be bad at all....

conclusion: gamestop has surprised me. i fully expected them to be awful, but they don't seem to be bad at all....

I do wish they weren't so pushy, though.  I'm barely in the fucking door and they ask if they can help me find something.  I don't fucking know, I don't know if it's missing, so I came here to look for it, and if I can't fucking find it, then YES, you can fucking help me find it!

Archived