IGNORED

XBox 360 is of a good price

Blir

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, it's a really good console, it's white! And if you were thinking "aw hell nah, not a white console" here's the kicker... You can also get one that is black!

Honestly, it's a really good price too. I don't know the price off the top of my head, but I know it's a good one!

I would really recommend getting one. It has 3D graphics, you don't need a memory card (!) and there are MORE than 20 games! (!!)

If you're not all over this already, you are really missing out. So don't delay guys, buy an Xbox 360 already :)

God I'm so hard right now.

hah ... is this in light of the 52% of xboxs that had to be returned ... i love the stat that went with that survey .. something like 97% of xbox users said they would still buy the console again .. sez something about the demographic or iQ range or whatever that xbox is selling into (not the wonderfulness of said shitbox) ...

Guest abusivegeorge

Seriously, it's a really good console, it's white! And if you were thinking "aw hell nah, not a white console" here's the kicker... You can also get one that is black!

Honestly, it's a really good price too. I don't know the price off the top of my head, but I know it's a good one!

I would really recommend getting one. It has 3D graphics, you don't need a memory card (!) and there are MORE than 20 games! (!!)

If you're not all over this already, you are really missing out. So don't delay guys, buy an Xbox 360 already :)

hah ... is this in light of the 52% of xboxs that had to be returned ... i love the stat that went with that survey .. something like 97% of xbox users said they would still buy the console again .. sez something about the demographic or iQ range or whatever that xbox is selling into (not the wonderfulness of said shitbox) ...

Or it could just be because it's a good console, and most of the members who've replied in said threads think so too. So what are you saying about the correlation between watmmers and xbox owners?

o0o controversial opinion thread here we come.

obviosuly watmm play more idm and sports games. like fifa, nhl and earth defence force 2017 and hardcore modes of call of duty 4.waw and fallout 3

xbox users play capture the flag on cod:waw for 73 days solid and camp at spawn points, do un-saveable glitch wraparounds on nhl09, and obsess to be the bet at battlefield 1943 and dont question rockstars table tennis on GOD for £19.99 when you can get it brand new for £2.50 in game.

brother's xbox finally died after 3 years of constant use... sent it in to get repaired and was told it's unrepairable. Not so bad really... I can get an arcade version for about $150 now and use the cables/hdd/controller/headset that came with my original and have a fulyl funtioning xbox again :)

Or it could just be because it's a good console, and most of the members who've replied in said threads think so too. So what are you saying about the correlation between watmmers and xbox owners?

i'm not innit for the console wars cause i prefer PC games (fps='s keyboard and frikkin' mouse)(but do have a ps3 and a wii (almost bought a 360 too)) .. but yeah .. it prob. will start a shitfight .. -siez- 52% returns !!!! there's gonna be a class action people

il clarify my retarded comment, using a little dicky joystick for fps completely takes me out of the experience, makes me feel like im pushing a button to move around a little point on a screen to try and shoot people, with my gaming mouse i get completey and utterly involved, excited and feel like im actually shooting people. i just love mouse action. to be fair just my mouse and mousemat cost half an xbox though, but frankly when it comes to the small amount of time i spent splattering bullets all over people i dont really care how much it costs as long as its amazing.

basically ... console controllers are not designed for the detail in movement nor the speed and efficiency that you get in control with a keyboard and mouse ... the former giving you instant access to way more assigned controls as well ... one of the reasons why we bought the ps3 is cause sony promised that they would allow keyboard and mouse input .. THEY THEN RENEGGED ON THAT FUCKING PROMISE .. probably cause of all the whiny console fanboiz in their forums .. going on about how it both wouldn't be fair to allow in a keyboard and mouse to play against the console controller .. then stating that a console joypad actually is somehow superior at any rate .. i have no idea how they reconcile these two concepts ... but whatever .. i own a pC .. so fuck 'em ..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would you even take a survey of 5,000 for anything? Such a joke of a report.

Xbox 360 has the best games, if your console breaks send it in and get a new one. It's no excuse to miss out on the excellent library just like there was no excuse to miss out on the PS2 library (even though it had its fair share of console failures).

5,000 is a lot.

i'm not innit for the console wars cause i prefer PC games (fps='s keyboard and frikkin' mouse)(but do have a ps3 and a wii (almost bought a 360 too)) .. but yeah .. it prob. will start a shitfight .. -siez- 52% returns !!!! there's gonna be a class action people

It's redundant bringing up the fact that Xbox's break - hense the players are retarded. Anyone who owns a fucking Xbox 360 knows they break. It's a damn shame too, but I don't believe 360 owners stick with the 360 because of the brand, I believe it's because the console just has the better games and online play.

At least that's how I feel about it because I'm on my third 360, but yet as much as that is completely disgraceful, something is stopping me from buying a PS3 and it's certainly not dedication to a brand I couldn't give less of a shit about. If I was to say "fuck it, another 360 broken - I'm buying a PS3 now" the PS3 would end up sitting there gathering dust because I'm just not bothered about the games on the thing. So that would be wasted money anyway. If there was more there for me to want a PS3 I would already own it, I had the PS1 and PS2 so it's not like I avoid Sony or anything.

Besides, every PS2 owner I know had theirs break and had to get one or two replacements. I'm lucky in that I don't.

Also, it's a depressing fact that everyones 360 will break shortly after the next gen and no replacements will be available. But on the other hand, the way things are going with gaming, storage size, internet speeds and the reduced necessity for physical media; most 360 games will end up being available long after the console is dead anyway.

On a side note, the upshot to waiting a week for a replacement 360 is that it forces people to go outside! Maybe it's intentional...

Guest mafted

still dosnt get over the fact its a horrible joypad.

Yep. There's something about the Xbox I just don't like.. maybe the way it's designed.. but it seems like the epitome of a generic console system. Even Nintendo does a better job. At least Sony has some style and attitude in their products. The Xbox Live stuff is pretty nice just because of the amount of people.. even though it's mostly clogged with the usual adolescent Halo-obsessed types who will play a game just because everyone else is. Sony just needs to broaden their online world a bit and people will realize the obvious superiority of the PS3 in graphics, games, and overall design.

I saw an article where some astrophysicists needed to simulate a black hole for whatever reason but couldn't afford to rent a supercomputer. So, they somehow managed to link 20 PS3's together and it got the job done. Let's see the Crapbox do that.

oh yeah, here it is:

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/090128-playstation3-blackholes.html

It's redundant bringing up the fact that Xbox's break - hense the players are retarded. Anyone who owns a fucking Xbox 360 knows they break. It's a damn shame too, but I don't believe 360 owners stick with the 360 because of the brand, I believe it's because the console just has the better games and online play.

At least that's how I feel about it because I'm on my third 360, but yet as much as that is completely disgraceful, something is stopping me from buying a PS3 and it's certainly not dedication to a brand I couldn't give less of a shit about. If I was to say "fuck it, another 360 broken - I'm buying a PS3 now" the PS3 would end up sitting there gathering dust because I'm just not bothered about the games on the thing. So that would be wasted money anyway. If there was more there for me to want a PS3 I would already own it, I had the PS1 and PS2 so it's not like I avoid Sony or anything.

That's funny you cite that as a reason you wouldn't have a PS3; the majority of games on PS3 are cross-platform and have been for several years now. There's really no excuse to say "there's no games I want on PS3" unless you're referring to the console exclusive titles. I don't think people bother to see what the PS3 has to offer due to their sole exposure to the 360.

About the only thing that gives me a tiny tinge of regret not getting a 360 is the abundance of shumps (shooters) on the 360 (albeit I'd need a Japanese 360, since the majority of them are Japan-only and the 360's region-locked for the majority of their games, and there's no way I'd own a Japanese 360 as the warranty would be useless).

shumps (shooters)

*shmups

Yep. There's something about the Xbox I just don't like.. maybe the way it's designed.. but it seems like the epitome of a generic console system. Even Nintendo does a better job. At least Sony has some style and attitude in their products.

It's marketing. Tool.

About the only thing that gives me a tiny tinge of regret not getting a 360 is the abundance of shumps (shooters) on the 360 (albeit I'd need a Japanese 360, since the majority of them are Japan-only and the 360's region-locked for the majority of their games, and there's no way I'd own a Japanese 360 as the warranty would be useless).

dude really, mod the system.

Again, voiding the warranty - what does a person with a modded 360 do when it RRODs/E74s? Too risky.

Guest mafted
shumps (shooters)

*shmups

Yep. There's something about the Xbox I just don't like.. maybe the way it's designed.. but it seems like the epitome of a generic console system. Even Nintendo does a better job. At least Sony has some style and attitude in their products.

It's marketing. Tool.

Yep, and Microsoft sucks at it.

Why's it called a PS3? Because you walk up to it, turn it on, start playing and realize you only have 3 friends.

Guest my usernames always really suck

That's funny you cite that as a reason you wouldn't have a PS3; the majority of games on PS3 are cross-platform and have been for several years now. There's really no excuse to say "there's no games I want on PS3" unless you're referring to the console exclusive titles. I don't think people bother to see what the PS3 has to offer due to their sole exposure to the 360.

Every cross-platform game on the PS3 and XBox360 looks and plays ten times better on their respective PC ports if you just buy a decent video card -- and it can easily be a video card that costs less than what the entire PS3 Slim costs.

Also, unlike my PS3, my PC can play most of my PlayStation 2 games. Why is Sony so stubborn about patching in software-based PS2 backwards compatibility into current PS3 models, especially when they've achieved this feature before in older models? If regular hobbyist bedroom programmers can make a working PlayStation 2 emulator, why can't Sony's own engineers do the same?

dude really, mod the system.

there is no known mod of any kind that lets you play region locked games on a 360 from a different region.

i'm waiting for the day it exists so I can do it to mine immediately.

True. But the 360 had a year on the PS3 and I got it first.

I have an insanely good PC. It's a fucking supercomputer, but I don't play anything but the Total War games on it. I don't know why I don't enjoy FPS's much on PC. Find a controller more comfortable I think.

Guest countchocula

True. But the 360 had a year on the PS3 and I got it first.

I have an insanely good PC. It's a fucking supercomputer, but I don't play anything but the Total War games on it. I don't know why I don't enjoy FPS's much on PC. Find a controller more comfortable I think.

I have been thinking of PC gaming lately. I could buy a 360 controller and download the patch and join all you TF2 players here.

Guest my usernames always really suck

360 controller

Enjoy taking 2 seconds to turn around to futily point your gun at that Scout that's already zipping around your head like a mosquito.

I think its weird that both the ps3 and the 360 have about 3 or 4 "great" exclusive titles (just going by metacritc reviews here). Maybe im just nostalgic, but it seems like the orginal xbox and the ps2 had many more great exclusive games by this time into their lifespans. There seem to be a lot of cheap arcade games, franchise games, and then there's the huge-budget games which are either console exclusive to fan the flames of console wars, or mutually inclusive to rake in as much cash as possible. Either way, i think there's very little to sing about as far as libraries go on either side.

Archived