IGNORED

telefon tel aviv

Guest dese manz hatin

Guest dese manz hatin

somehow i haven't read much (if anything at all) about them on here in all the time i've been a member of this forum.... but i've kind of rediscovered fahrenheit fair enough in my itunes library like 15 minutes ago and bwuoy that album is a fucking classic.

discuss

btw gr8 forum m8

Guest dese manz hatin

haven't heard the third album neither....but apparently it was released on bpitch control (berlin minimal/electro label), which is quite surprising

will have to get this

Guest Renivatio

ye, i only heard "my week beats your year" on the second album and i liked it, but i heard only snippets of the other tracks and it wasn't my thing at all. Maybe I ought to give it a fair listen in the future. I liked fahrenheit fair enough though.

Fahrenheit Fair Enough is a fucking classic, their second album has two good tracks (When It Happens It Moves All By Itself, What It Is Without the Hand that Wields It), haven't heard anything else by them.

I haven't listened to either of them in a while, but as I remember it this assessment is spot on... I wasn't too keen on any of their vocal tracks... my week beats your year being the worst offender. Too bad one of them passed away... anyone know if their remixes compilation is any good?

Fahrenheit Fair Enough is a fucking classic, their second album has two good tracks (When It Happens It Moves All By Itself, What It Is Without the Hand that Wields It), haven't heard anything else by them.

I haven't listened to either of them in a while, but as I remember it this assessment is spot on... I wasn't too keen on any of their vocal tracks... my week beats your year being the worst offender. Too bad one of them passed away... anyone know if their remixes compilation is any good?

The remixes compilation is good, their NIN remix being (by far) the best on the album.

I emjoyed Fahrenheit Fair Enough, but haven't really been a fan of anything they* have released since then. I have the option of seeing them September 9th...still don't know if I'm going to go yet :mellow:

*one of the members killed himself in January

i love all of their albums.

at first, i disliked map of what is effortless because of the vocals, but as i started listening to it more, i grew to feel that they really fit quite well with the music.

immolate yourself is great too. it's such a shame that charlie passed away. three amazing albums produced in a row is rare to find these days.

FahrenheitFair Enough is a fucking classic, their second album has two goodtracks (When It Happens It Moves All By Itself, What It Is Without theHand that Wields It), haven't heard anything else by them.

Ihaven't listened to either of them in a while, but as I remember itthis assessment is spot on... I wasn't too keen on any of their vocaltracks... my week beats your year being the worst offender. Too badone of them passed away... anyone know if their remixes compilation is any good?

Remixes Compiled is good. It's kind of meandering and mellow but there are three or four really great tracks.. their remix of American Analog Set is excellent. And their version of Apparat's Komponent is one of their best tracks on any of their records. Telefon actually got me into apparat in the first place. Their second album is definitely not their best but it has a few of my favorites, like "I lied", which is like the best IDM R+B there is. And Farenheit is sweet. It's their moodiest record. this is like NIN's Still condensed into one track:

[youtubehd]o-kOjXquJac[/youtubehd]

I remember when Immolate Yourself came out Charlie cooper died (which was not officially a suicide btw, joshua got pissed about people perpetuating that rumor) and I went on this huge telefon kick. I think i listened to immolate yourself like 30 times that week. "Stay away from being maybe" is fucking awesome. So many killer tracks on that record.

They're on tour. I'm seeing them in Boston in september. i'm pumped.

http://www.discogs.com/Telefon-Tel-Aviv-Immediate-Action-8/release/74262

Worth it for 'Sound In A Dark Room' alone.

I actually had a point in my life ( when I was going through a breakup lol) where Map Of What Is Effortless, really resonated with me. I haven't listened to it in a long while though.

I haven't given Immolate Yourself a proper listen yet, one of these days perhaps.

Their production was always tops. Great melodic content too, refreshingly emotional sounding for electronica. Hell, even their beat programming was second to none. I was turned off by what I heard from Immolate Yourself, but I'm probably missing out on some good stuff considering the quality of their previous work. TTA are highly underrated.

I can't believe I didn't mention Immediate action 8 holy shit. Like Spore said, "Sound in a Dark Room" is beautiful. I opened up HH rockin 6 with that... I never posted that mix i don't think... and "8 Track Project Cut" is equally good. the two remixes are meh imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw them last night, really good set, wish it went longer than an hour. They (Joshua and this new guy on tour with him) played mostly tracks from Immolate Yourself. He sang really well but the vocals were really low in the mix, so you could barely hear him anyway.

I saw them in Boston last week and had the same experience. Joshua was sitting near me at the bar so i chatted. Nice guy! I heard their shit in clubs in europe and the impression they would be... bigger. They played a show to like 50 people in a bar.

Yeah, they played at pretty a decent venue in Austin (of the hundreds). The place was expecting a low turnout so they moved it inside to a smaller stage, but at least 100 people showed up, maybe 150 total. It was packed and hot as hell. Joshua hung out after the show here as well, my friend chatted with him for a bit.

Archived