IGNORED

kakapo - Cliffs Notes

kakapo

I came to watmm originally because of a Skytree track. My first ever post praised his music and addressed him personally. He ignored me. I was disheartened but stuck with watmm. Of course 3 years later I was telling him his music was hippy shite and suggesting he'd raped his girlfriend in her sleep.

haha, it was the same for me. Anyway I like you, you're one of the few genuinely funny caustic bastards on the board. Most of the others have been banned, don't go that route.

Guest abusivegeorge

I suggest you name yourself after an American bird and keep New Zealand out of this

kakapos have trouble adapting to the modern world and breed once every ten years. Is there an American equivalent? Probably some fat pizza eating bird that illegally invades countries in pursuit of oil, killing tens of thousand of innocent children in the process.

Idendity is a tricky thing.

Fucking lol. This thread is A+ will be back to read replies.

Also fucking megaLOL at the map drawing jesus christ I almost had a hernia.

My da's from Middlesborough so i think I'm legally obligated to despise you.

what if I was roofied and bum-raped on a cornish beach while listening to heliosphan but it happened in 2001?

Guest abusivegeorge

My da's from Middlesborough so i think I'm legally obligated to despise you.

what if I was roofied and bum-raped on a cornish beach while listening to heliosphan but it happened in 2001?

2001 is crossing a boundary I think, it's past the time then man. Cornwall in 2001 was no cornwall like it was in 1993, believe me I know, I use to live there.

I don't understand everything going on in this thread because I think it pulls from periods before my birth date but as far as cross-Atlantic ribbing, I think the ground rules should be that we're always just fucking about. I love the UK-US relationship because ultimately, we are the only two real competitors for each other and competition always breeds perfection.

Roger Daltrey and the boys were eating up American R&B and soul and in fact, were basically a Motown cover band until they birthed The Who and went on to write the best rock songs ever

Someone else named Jimmy Page was also eating up American blues and R&B and then the Led fucking ruled over the land with great justice.

The Belleville Three turned out machine funk out of Detroit that lit the UK on fire and ultimately had a hand in our man Aphex's signature sounds

Rob and Sean were obsessed with American rap and b-boy culture, which fed into "Incunabula" (Lowride?) and now the most forward thinking canon of electronic music imo.

There's always been this back-and-forth that I've loved; I've never encountered any animosity or nationalistic issues on WATMM--in fact, the cross-cultural shit is the stuff that cracks me up the most like Keltoi purposely turning up the "Scots" for me in his posts and stuff. At least, no one has said anything outwardly to me. Because, ultimately, I see people on here that are just like me--the whole "brother from another mother" effect because our locations, upbringings, languages, educations, foods, ideals, environments, + on + on couldn't be more different yet we all bust through some drywall and top shelf for the lulz.

I don't know, I'm rambling, I've just never been the kind of guy to relate with people from a nationalistic framework unless absolutely necessary i.e. don't try to shake a Muslim's hand because that's the hand they wipe their shit with and it will make things uncomfortable for the both of you.

*sniffles*

wow man...

no, you're right tho.

I lol'd at this thread when I read it on my phone this morning but couldn't reply, because my decrepit phone hates the new version of WATMM. I'm currently in a Yates's whioch has free wi-fi. Kakapo, you're easily in my top five WATMM posters. And my maternal grandparents were Geordies so jjust imagining you speaking reminds me of happy afternoons, fivers in christmas cards, tea and mini sausage rolls.

Archived