IGNORED

adjust tempo/pitch on the fly (foobar)

Guest viscosity

Guest viscosity

Tempo (time-stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower speed than original, without affecting the sound pitch.

Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or key, without affecting the sound tempo or speed.

Playback Rate : Changes both the sound tempo and pitch, as if an LP disc was played at wrong RPM rate.

http://acropolis.lokalen.org/wp-content/plugins/DownloadCounter/download.php?id=3

just got this.. already know im gonna have fun with it. putting tuss at -20% rate just makes things so frreaakn nasty

Tempo (time-stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower speed than original, without affecting the sound pitch.

Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or key, without affecting the sound tempo or speed.

Playback Rate : Changes both the sound tempo and pitch, as if an LP disc was played at wrong RPM rate.

http://acropolis.lokalen.org/wp-content/plugins/DownloadCounter/download.php?id=3

just got this.. already know im gonna have fun with it. putting tuss at -20% rate just makes things so frreaakn nasty

doesn't it sound all bitty and shitty though when you change the pitch or tempo without affecting the other ???

Guest Adjective

doesn't it sound all bitty and shitty though when you change the pitch or tempo without affecting the other ???

i made some samples

normal: moments-tumble-sample-normal.mp3

slow rate (20%): moments-tumble-sample-slow-rate.mp3

slow rate (20% 128 tap anti-alias): moments-tumble-sample-slow-rate-128taps-filter.mp3

slow tempo (20%): moments-tumble-sample-slow-tempo.mp3

You can slow playback if you open music in vlc player. And from what I've tried you can go quite slow (60% or more) and not get the shitty-bitties

Edit: take that back, guess it does get shitty, I'd never tried it that slow. But playing at around 75% or so is a great way to hear a track in a new light, or take in all the details

adjective...

this is confusing... none of these samples is transposed without changing tempo is it? or is it?

2 & 3 are both just slowed down (tempo and pitch change) are they not?

and 4 is stretched (tempo change)

anyway, the short answer to my question is yes basically, no?

this is one of the reasons i can't use ableton for live stuff. it makes beats and shit muddy when adjusting tempo. sounds like pew pew.

this is one of the reasons i can't use ableton for live stuff. it makes beats and shit muddy when adjusting tempo. sounds like pew pew.

we park our cars in the same garage

Guest Adjective

adjective...

this is confusing... none of these samples is transposed without changing tempo is it? or is it?

none are transposed while maintaining the same tempo. though that is an option, i just didn't make an example.

edit: i guess i didn't realize what you were asking originally in the thread! i'll make a sample of that

adjective...

none are transposed while maintaining the same tempo. though that is an option, i just didn't make an example.

edit: i guess i didn't realize what you were asking originally in the thread! i'll make a sample of that

no i think you already did... the 4th one is the only one that has a change to only one of the 2 parameters (pitch and tempo)

and it sounds all bitty...

basically i was just checking that foobar hadnt done the impossible (as far as i know) and done tempo change without pitch change or vice versa that didnt sound bitty and shitty

since i already made it

moments-tumble-6-tones-down.mp3

sounds like garbage when you pitch up though

can anyone recommend a thread about changing pitch / tempo, etc in EKT (or another forum) anywhere? interested in reading about, even though i don't have any particular questions

in my experience of tempo shifting, which is not hugely extensive, traktor 2 is the smoothest i've come across...

with the same track being slowed down by 20% (and leaving the key intact) it seems to be a lot smoother than traktor 3. but then i prefer pretty much evry aspect of traktor 2's interface to traktor 3 anyway...

troof. that's why i've started ensuring i have separate renders of beats/synths/everything else. then you can jimmy the different algorithms for each ('beats', 'tones', 'complex').

playing 54 Cmyru Beats at -25% speed tunes it into a fucked up hip-hop track in fact a lot of stuff takes on a whole new perspective at -25% and -40% speed especially the fast Aphex stuff with breaks

although Squarepusher doesn't seem to work so well for some reason

I'm convinced Ambient Works 2 is just slowed down tape

i don't seem to remember having this problem after unchecking that "warp" box.... i gotta run home and check it out now

i don't seem to remember having this problem after unchecking that "warp" box.... i gotta run home and check it out now

doesn't unchecking warp just disable the time stretch function?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived