IGNORED

LP5 / Cichlisuite EP

thehauntingsoul

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chichli Suite is an incredible EP, definitely in my top 3 favourite ae releases.

there is a live version of Tilapia AE did that is absolutely amazing, its much longer and has more of a drum and bass edge to it.

where can this be found? could you upload it please if you have the time?

Surprised to see this thread with the least comments/replies so far during this weekly cycle.. I have always been under the impression that LP5 was one of the most popular out of their whole discography.

Looking forward to the EP7 thread though.

Sorry for the late post on this, but I was pretty busy this week

Acroyear is a pretty sideways opener. The melody is really twisted and ugly sounding at first but once you warm up to it, it is actually a pretty sweet little package.

777 is one of my all time top 5 for sure. The bass drum in this song is particularly amazing, and I love how the bass is obnoxiously over-driven to blot out all of the rest of the track features. Once the morphing melody fully emerges from the track I usually cum my pants. The way it gets really dark right at the end also does it for me. A+++++ track would listen again!!!

Rae is a really interesting Ae track, not much like most of their music in my opinion. It has a great drum&bass beat and this track is the first track on the LP to fully explore the atmosphere that is cultivated. Great melody here, fucking blows me away, so happy and sad simultaneously.

Melve used to be a track I really hated. It still is, sort of. I appreciate it now in that it breaks the flow right before the album gets serious, and the way the melody bleeds towards the end is really nice.

Vose In took me a while to get into. I think what really hooked me is the way the melody swings around. It hits the key dark melody chunk around 40 seconds and after that the melody really begins to explore some interesting ideas. The bass comes in later and seals the deal. Excellent track

Fold4, Wrap5 Is sort of a novelty. Its constantly slowing down but not at the same time. The only part of this track that I really keep coming back to is the pads, flowing with majestic awesomeness. That being said I'm not a huge fan of this track.

Under BOAC is another one of my favs from LP5. Fantastic beat that randomly staggers all over the place, and then they throw in a great melody. This track is a great example of Ae's way of weaving a really intricate, unique and special soundscape.

Corc is one of the most beautiful tracks Sean and Rob have ever produced. The bass hit sounds so huge and hollow. I really wish I could bang a drum that sounded exactly like that. The pads come in and then everything melts into euphoria. Anybody who really doesn't like this track yet needs to give it a few more goes.

Caliper Remote is a really strange intermission piece. Again I am amazed at the quality and uniqueness of the sounds and melody here. So different sounding, so alien and creepy but so good and tasty for my ears.

Arch Carrier is hit and miss for me. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I just don't get it. It has a great beat though, and It has a really awesome idea where the melody has a key dark measure that the track continually teases at but only lets you hear occasionally (first occurance at 56 seconds). The whole track is sort of a tease in my opinion.

Drane2 is a fucking epic and brilliant closer, as many Ae closers are. Brilliantly energetic and curious melody flows around for the entire track. When it picks up slightly at around 4:05 it takes the track to a whole other level of awesomeness, and then one of the most fucking brilliant melodical pieces begins around 4:20 ish and dances around proudly for the majority of the rest of the track. Brilliant piece, fucking brilliant!

There's my LP5 review, late as shit and stripped down but there it is. I love this album's atmosphere, as it's very unique and Autechre does not really ever explore this type of sound again off the top of my head. I love how cichlisuite hints at this sort of sound, and then the glitchy robot that is LP5 falls into a large body of water and we have EP7.

I dunno just the types of sounds and the speed and arrangement. Its all semi-generic sounding snare drums almost like the amen break samples. I dunno for some reason I've always felt that track is really far off from their standard type of beat.

Archived