IGNORED

LP5 / Cichlisuite EP

thehauntingsoul

Alright folks ignore my other thread cus I'm an idiot and screwed it up. This week we got LP5 to look foreward to as well as the continuation of the Chiastic Slide era, Cichlisuite. I'm feeling we got a really tasty week ahead of us so get started.

post-5056-12552727146905_thumb.jpeg

post-5056-12552727368873_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In retrospect, Cichlisuite is probably the Ae material I have listened to least and consequently have done the least autexploration (My new word defining the act of slowly understanding ae's work) into. Its actually one of their most brilliant pieces too so there's no reason why I shouldn't listen to it more

Yeesland is an absolutely flawless start to the ep. Bouncey and mechanical as all hell but you can tell its in the family of Cichli, as it has the same types of beats, and the melody seems to me to sound like a very similar mood. The one noise that's used for sure is the bird squeak type of sound that's in each measure of Cichli, and in Yeesland it pokes it's head in at around 3:45 in a much more high pitched form. That particular sample is perfect. It's one of the large handful of 'YES!!!' samples that Ae has happened upon throughout the years.

More later :cisfor:

/stoned rant

Just finished listening to Chichli Suite. This is my favourite EP from ae by far. Tilapia is definitley in my top 5 best ae tracks.

Overall I think the whole record is fairly accessible to new listeners (in response to rocky path).

You've got all the key elements in one release - words can hardly describe how awesome Tilapia is though.

I'll listen to LP5 a few times later on in the week.

caliper remote is not filler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I realized today that my Cichlisuite rips are ~1-2:00 short so I get to hear the endings to all the tracks on this EP finally.

I never seem to be able to remember anything from Cichlisuite that isn't named "Pencha". I absolutely love that song though. It's just satisfying...

For LP5, when I first got into Ae, I thought EP7 was LP5, I can't remember why, but I did. I really like LP5 though, what with Vose In, Arch Carrier, Fold4 Wrap5, 777, and Rae. I basically just listed most of the album. It's very consistent and well done.

I love these threads.

Edit: Forgot Acroyear2. That's a great song too.

Damn, this album is good. Fantastic opening with Acroyear 2, 777 and Rae - that track is so epic. Melve's a bit meh compared to the rest of the album, but the next 3 tracks are right back up there.

Then Arch Carrier and Drane2 to finish the album off; totally awesome.

lp5 was my favourite ae album until i got really into confield. still fucking amazing though! i really need to get my vinyl collection sent over from perth so i can put it on again.

Under BOAC is triumphantly kickass mcRadical if you ask me. The clanky cacophony paired with that totally sweet melody. This is why people try to rip off Ae, but they can't pull it off.

I usually wait till the end of the week to do my track-by-tracks so I will continue that paradigm.

That being said I am supremely satisfied by this album. I find that Ae's music tends to get better with every release, and in this experiment that is compounded with the fact that we don't hear the later (and imo better) releases until more time has passed so each album hits way harder than the last.

Every track on Cichlisuite rocks - it's a beast of an EP. Really well balanced throughout. I can listen to it over and over again.

Archived