IGNORED

Warp20 (Unheard)

eh Speedy

Guest Joebot Kill

i bought the box set and i honestly dont care about the CD. i dont feel cheated at all. the release of the cd doesnt affect me one bit. the box set it is epic. if warp wants to release the unheard music to a wider audience, more power too them. lame of them to lie about it, but eh, i would have gotten the box set regardless.

Guest Stoppit

just got an email from bleep:

Dear Customer,

As you may have noticed we have now made the "Unheard" tracks that are on vinyl in the boxset available as downloads. As someone who purchased the boxset we felt that you should also be entitled to the digital version of these tracks. We have made these available to download from your Bleep account for free so you have both a digital and a vinyl copy for your collection.

Just log in and go to your downloads section. There you will find a new order with "Warp20 Unheard" available to download as a high quality MP3.

Kind regards,

Bleep

i bought the box set and i honestly dont care about the CD. i dont feel cheated at all. the release of the cd doesnt affect me one bit. the box set it is epic. if warp wants to release the unheard music to a wider audience, more power too them. lame of them to lie about it, but eh, i would have gotten the box set regardless.

they never lied about anything. they said it would be exclusively on vinyl in the box set, which it still is. that's why i waited for the CD or whatever it was going to be because they eluded to it. lots of people liked the box - all i wanted was my rug back.

they never lied about anything. they said it would be exclusively on vinyl in the box set, which it still is. that's why i waited for the CD or whatever it was going to be because they eluded to it. lots of people liked the box - all i wanted was my rug back.

actually originally they stated that the whole release would be exclusive to the box set, not just it being on vinyl. of course all evidence has been removed from the Warp site now, but the original announcement said that the (unheard) release would be exclusive to the box set

actually, the warp20 boxset thread in this forum says otherwise:

Warp20 (Recreated)

Double CD album

2 x CDs featuring twenty brand new cover versions of Warp songs by Warp artists past and present; including tracks by Autechre, Harmonic 313, Jamie Lidell, Plaid, Clark, Maximo Park, Seefeel, Luke Vibert and more... Packaged in deluxe case-bound 10" folder exclusive to this box set.

Warp20 (Unheard)

Triple 10" Vinyl

Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Completely unheard tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10" vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

it's sneaky wording, i know, but technically they didn't say it wouldn't be released in other formats.

Guest bitroast

it'd be a total dog act if it was unique to the box set as well. like, either way, a group of people are gonna complain, this seems more fair (and profitable). all good !

actually, the warp20 boxset thread in this forum says otherwise:

Warp20 (Recreated)

Double CD album

2 x CDs featuring twenty brand new cover versions of Warp songs by Warp artists past and present; including tracks by Autechre, Harmonic 313, Jamie Lidell, Plaid, Clark, Maximo Park, Seefeel, Luke Vibert and more... Packaged in deluxe case-bound 10" folder exclusive to this box set.

Warp20 (Unheard)

Triple 10" Vinyl

Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Completely unheard tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10" vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

it's sneaky wording, i know, but technically they didn't say it wouldn't be released in other formats.

that was after they had changed their tack on it.

Archived