IGNORED

Waaaah

Q27

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lolz thats too many questions/generous guidelines to help you be able to play an amazing game??... wow.. anyway 120-150ping is more than playable on source games. Ive seen people with really high scores playing with higher ping than that. im guessing you have bad framerates for whatever reason

far too many questions all simultaneously.

Yeah I'm running multicore on TF2, and I'm pretty sure my graphics drivers are up to date but I could try updating them.

I'm pretty sure It's my network cus my ping usually sits at around 120-150 which I'm thinking might be because I'm in Canada and most servers are US. Either that or my hi-speed DSL modem isn't so high speed after all

Let me guess... Rogers or Bell ?

FAILOL :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

can you shit play with a 120 ping, anything over 70 and it just becomes infuriating, and other people will hate you too.

packet latency is not a constant science in gameplay experience, it all depends on the network code, with some game engine's/dedicated servers/a good computer can allow a good feel even with 200 ping. Source engine is infamous for having amazing net code.

some poorly optimized netcodes can make 77 ping feel sluggish and nearly unplayable

Yeah but I don't think that would really apply to online gaming because the host server is generally providing to many more clients simultaneously. From my experience you'll NEVER get a ping lower than 20-30 in an online game unless you are hosting the game yourself

Yeah but I don't think that would really apply to online gaming because the host server is generally providing to many more clients simultaneously. From my experience you'll NEVER get a ping lower than 20-30 in an online game unless you are hosting the game yourself

i've had a ping of 13.

and that's on a shitty VirginMedia connection

Guest abusivegeorge

i've had a ping of 13.

and that's on a shitty VirginMedia connection

Me too, I've had a ping of 12. On a Virgin media connection also.

the dedicated servers i play on are mostly french or english

you can generally only see ones under a certain latency

what does speedtest.net report your actual up/down as?

ISPs are lying cunts

edit: also, some ISPs throttle certain ports (torrents and online gaming mostleh)

Guest abusivegeorge

ISPs are lying cunts

edit: also, some ISPs throttle certain ports (torrents and online gaming mostleh)

Mine is an 18mb connection and at quiet times during the day it runs at 18mbp/s download speed. The average though is around 10mbp/s. I really cannot complain, faultless service.

Upload speed is anywhere from 0.47mb - 3.1mbp/s Depending on time.

ping remains anywhere from 8-69.9 (thats the highest I've had).

i just ran a speedtest and i'm getting a steady 9.8down/0.98up - pretty damn close to exactly what i'm paying for, which is not always the case for people (contention ratios)

ping is 46ms for a server in the same city as me though, which seems slow

lol, i'm getting 36ms ping for a server in dublin and 32ms for one in london.

i guess the limerick one is just a shitty server.

Guest abusivegeorge

i just ran a speedtest and i'm getting a steady 9.8down/0.98up - pretty damn close to exactly what i'm paying for, which is not always the case for people (contention ratios)

ping is 46ms for a server in the same city as me though, which seems slow

Are you with Virginmedia Kaini?

ISPs are lying cunts

Newt.jpg

Archived