IGNORED

new 3d form of mandelbrot discovered

kaini

Can the method that is used to make the Mandelbulb be used on other types of fractals...could we potentially have a "NovaBulb" or "BurningShipBulb" ?

you'll love this one then, you dxm-chugging hippy

dmt-elf.png

omg the gaping hole in the upper area of this one is so seductive...like one of the many mouths of a giant space mandelbulb...it almost looks like its glistening.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the method that is used to make the Mandelbulb be used on other types of fractals...could we potentially have a "NovaBulb" or "BurningShipBulb" ?

you'll love this one then, you dxm-chugging hippy

dmt-elf.png

omg the gaping hole in the upper area of this one is so seductive...like one of the many mouths of a giant space mandelbulb...it almost looks like its glistening.

it basically looks like a big happy grinning sinister elf with a hole instead of a brain. kinda like ET.

hey guyz lets brag about making fractals

HEY MY LIFE IS SO SHIT I REGULARLY FEEL THE NEED TO ESCAPE FROM IT AND FURTHERMORE I LACK THE SELF CONTROL TO OVERCOME THE VORTEX LIKE POWER OF MANDLEBROT FROM SUCKING ME IN I MUST BE REALLY COOL WOO

that's fantastic kaini. Can you save camera views or whatever when you've got a good one, and then spend more time rendering it out? I'd like to see a desktop-sized one of the blue one you just posted.

that's fantastic kaini. Can you save camera views or whatever when you've got a good one, and then spend more time rendering it out? I'd like to see a desktop-sized one of the blue one you just posted.

on this system (3ghz cpu, 3gb ram, low-end ATI integrated gfx) i've determined the highest widescreen res i can hit is about 960x600. any bigger gives an error straight away,

the controls are fully 3d. i can place the camera, lights, and fractal anywhere.

you guys should try it. the stuff i have posted didn't require a lot of effort at all.

also as i've said, i have two algorithms, 'mandelbulb' and 'mandelbulb-fast'. all of these are mandelbulb-fast renderings.

hey guyz lets brag about making fractals

HEY MY LIFE IS SO SHIT I REGULARLY FEEL THE NEED TO ESCAPE FROM IT AND FURTHERMORE I LACK THE SELF CONTROL TO OVERCOME THE VORTEX LIKE POWER OF MANDLEBROT FROM SUCKING ME IN I MUST BE REALLY COOL WOO

dude, wtf. as a longtime student of maths and other more esoteric things i was drooling when i saw these. i'm just happy to now be able to friggin make em. cut me some slack.

I'd like to see a desktop-sized one of the blue one you just posted.

that blue one was a sphere, and i just figured out, sorta, how much 'skin' goes on it :emotawesomepm9: 2x 700x700 renders.

dysonbg.png

welooktowardthesky.png

this is mystical. The massiveness these things seem to imply is only comparable to a fever dream I had when I was a wee lad. It involved being an ant and seeing a tree...and the largeness of the tree sent me into an anxietic frenzy...FUUAAAAACACCAAK

it actually pains me to agree with you but some of this stuff reminds me of stuff seen... elsewhere.. for me.

that's from the corresponding julia set, btw.

this is fun. but it keeps crashing :(

what software are you using? pixelbender standalone? or one of the other things on the page?

cos using pixelbender under photoshop CS4 is slow as shit, but super stable for me.

this is the same julia parameters and camera angle, but the exponent is varied from 2 - 17

juliapowerssmall.png

2400x2400 version here. 11 meg png file!

http://humphreyplugg.kaen.org/images/juliapowersbig.png

i'm using pixelbender 64bit under photoshop cs4. it's super fast (smooth realtime rendering in 640x480, no antialiasing) but fucks off when i try to render something better and bigger.

yeah well, i'd rather be rendering in software (have a quad core), but i can't seem to find where to switch GPU acceleration off...

do you not have this?

prongpu.png

Archived