IGNORED

new 3d form of mandelbrot discovered

kaini

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this realtime mandelbulb renderer is primitive, but still being able to navigate it fps style :wtf:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulbview/files/Mandelbulb-0.4.zip/download

Arrow keys: Move

rdsg: Move

yh: move up/down

et: roll camera

Mouse wheel: move speed

Right mouse button: Toggle mouse look

B: Toggle some debug info

The Iter slider sets the number of iterations

The max node slider decides how much geometry it keeps and draws

The mandelbulb pwr x slider changes the type of mandelbulb but I have only done a sse optimized version of the pwr 8 so the other will be slow

As for finding the bulb if you lost it, enable debug view which will show you your position and forward heading and move toward origo.

Refining without saving geometry wouldnt fit very well in the current architecture im afraid, so I think you will just have to increase max nodes for that and take the framerate hit.

you will need a relatively powerful pc for this, your atom-based netbook will take a fucking age.

853_15_02_10_11_26_02.jpeg

this reminds me of the visuals that Jan Kounen makes

fuck me you big hippy, that's some fuckin stargate shit right there

IT REALLY IS!!!: 853_04_03_10_12_15_53.jpeg

You know that makes me remember the first time I watched stargate...I kind of wish I could've stopped the movie just after they enter. In that moment when they step through the gate, anything could be on the other side. I was filled with such wonder at that moment. This image is like a snapshot from inside the dmt 'dome'.

853_24_02_10_1_45_48.jpeg

btw listen to this: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/05/12/080512fa_fact_ross as you look at these

1984-ironmaiden-powerslave-frontlarge.jpg

the guy who draws the sleeves for underground resistance's stuff says this is his favourite record cover ever

853_24_02_10_1_45_48.jpeg

like some of the first mandelbulb stuff in this thread, this one has that unsettling, or eldritch, or unheimleich feel

it also feels like it should have the word SHPONGLE in the top left lol

like some of the first mandelbulb stuff in this thread, this one has that unsettling, or eldritch, or unheimleich feel

it also feels like it should have the word SHPONGLE in the top left lol

yeah its like taking a glimpse at something humans don't have the authority to view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h7Rtv9kflo

holy sheet there is a video to go with this..

AND THUS THE DOCTRINE OF bBydYdjuuLön WAS ESTABLISHED, with fractals, shitty trance and a lad who should really do lower-strength salvie.

this shit IS mental tho :cat::wtf::cat:

You guys aren't linking some of the best ones.

The early mandelbulbs were unsettling, but now with the boxes it has really become art...some of these have left me genuinely speechless...it truly feels like peering behind the veil in some way...the link with Islamic patterns and architecture is fascinating, too....

i want to see a sci-fi movie with alien ships that are built like these fractals. and then have people walking around in these huge fractal hallways trying to figure out what the fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived